• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kantai Collection: KanColle Film Briefly Listed on October 15 by Theater

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:20 pm Reply with quote
As often, I hope for original material for the film and not just another "the series:ABRIDGED!"
Revan32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
As often, I hope for original material for the film and not just another "the series:ABRIDGED!"

There's already a trailer for it, that shows new events Wink
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Already lose faith with the story direction but will still watch for the battle and fav ship girls from game get animated.
Ejc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:

The anime sold poorly in KADOKAWA's view (see: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/64857/) because it was not faithful enough for fans of the browser game and the light novel. I hope that they actually worked harder this time on the 2nd season, as was said in the tweets linked. I guess it can also apply to the upcoming movie in the Fall, but I don't have high expectations for it.

Currently the movie has 55 screens announced as of May 23, but I heard some worrying news regarding the movie. Apparently there was little to no queue of fans when movie goods went on sale during the most recent weekend. This means there is not much excitement for the movie, compared to other franchises such as Love Live! or GaruPan for example.

I am one of those game fans, and i'd like to at least see it do well according to its huge potential. The KanColle game was so popular a few years back, that DMM/KADOKAWA were scrambling to deal with the monstrous increase in people who wanted to play the game. New servers are expensive, so they had to resort to new player lotteries just to deal with the huge influx of interested people who wanted to try the game. Now I don't see this anymore on the official game Twitter.

I think it was the correct decision to announce an anime very early, to strike when the iron was still hot. However, they made a huge mistake by trying to appeal to anime-only watchers, rather than their core game and light novel fans. As a result, they ended up paying for it with sub-par anime sales, and reduced interest in future animation projects.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1