• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Crimea's New Attorney General Wins Over Japanese Audience

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
If her new boss finds out that she's more popular than him, she could find herself being the Attorney General in Siberia, or just disappear altogether, like old days. Laughing

Implying Putin or any other leader in Russia even gives a crap about the Otaku.
A Spacey Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
She's cute, yes, but she's also evil and hypocritical.

She denounces the unconstitutional armed seizure of power in Ukraine but ignores the unconstitutional armed seizure of power in Crimea.

She cites what the prosecutor's office is supposed to uphold like the rule of law and democracy but ignores that the previous Ukrainian President was a corrupt bastard who stole billions from the country and had ordered sham trials against opposition MPs.

She believes that the source of power in Ukraine is the people themselves and yet refuses to accept the will of the people in overthrowing an evil man; she claims no-one can usurp state power even though she just said that power is derived from the people themselves.

Following on from that, she denounces bloodspilling but ignores how many protesters were killed by snipers.

Her hypocrisy makes me so sick I can't watch anymore of the video. What an evil woman. Shame on you lot for liking her.

Wow you are a brainwashed idiot to put it simply. I've addressed most of this already. The biggest problems is its already been proven that the snipers were from the protesters themselves and not the police. But what ever who needs facts when it makes things complicated.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
The United States as usual tried to instigate regime change in another country

Alright, tovarishch, I want proof for this assertion. Preferably from a credible news source and not the insane ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. RT doesn't count.
jppcouto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote

It's Riza Hawkeye! xD
And once Riza is the secretary of the Fuhrer, Bradley is Putin. xD
A Spacey Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
jdnation wrote:
The United States as usual tried to instigate regime change in another country

Alright, tovarishch, I want proof for this assertion. Preferably from a credible news source and not the insane ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. RT doesn't count.

Ask anyone from those countries. That's how I get my sources, looks like I should be a journalist, too bad they don't hire people who want to show the truth.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
how about someone offering a job in a country that cares?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Legally elected President of Ukraine reneged on EU arrangement, when people protest, illegally expanded powers and ban protests, fled to Russia via coup including some fascists, Putin says those are not Russian troops in Crimea, in the upcoming Ukraine election there'd be less Russian voters without Crimea.

A Spacey Penguin wrote:

Ask anyone from those countries. That's how I get my sources, looks like I should be a journalist,

Gotta say, already broke one of journalists' rules: sources do not equal proof. Other factors like the quality of the source, corroborating evidence, paper trails, etc.

Last edited by enurtsol on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
A Spacey Penguin, The new Ukranian government are not neo nazis; Europe wouldn't put up with them if they were. And the claims that protestors killed other protestors to incite further violence is baseless speculation from people with a vested interest in de-legitimising the new government.

I have further nothing to say to a troll like you.
A Spacey Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
A Spacey Penguin, The new Ukranian government are not neo nazis; Europe wouldn't put up with them if they were. And the claims that protestors killed other protestors to incite further violence is baseless speculation from people with a vested interest in de-legitimising the new government.

People like you are what is destroying this great nation of America, and its pathetic that you can't even take the time out of your day to researcher a topic. And Europe not putting up with Neo-Nazis? Have you seen who Europe has shacked up with historically? Ignorance is a very dangerous thing and is how this disease of globalism spreads.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
A Spacey Penguin wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

People like you are what is destroying this great nation of America, and its pathetic that you can't even take the time out of your day to researcher a topic. And Europe not putting up with Neo-Nazis? Have you seen who Europe has shacked up with historically? Ignorance is a very dangerous thing and is how this disease of globalism spreads.

What the hell does dtm42 have to do with the US?
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
She's cute, yes, but she's also evil and hypocritical.

She denounces the unconstitutional armed seizure of power in Ukraine but ignores the unconstitutional armed seizure of power in Crimea.

She cites what the prosecutor's office is supposed to uphold like the rule of law and democracy but ignores that the previous Ukrainian President was a corrupt bastard who stole billions from the country and had ordered sham trials against opposition MPs.

She believes that the source of power in Ukraine is the people themselves and yet refuses to accept the will of the people in overthrowing an evil man; she claims no-one can usurp state power even though she just said that power is derived from the people themselves.

Following on from that, she denounces bloodspilling but ignores how many protesters were killed by snipers.

Her hypocrisy makes me so sick I can't watch anymore of the video. What an evil woman. Shame on you lot for liking her.
In the end, what ultimately matters here is how the Crimeans perceive the new Ukrainian government and how they feel about reannexation by Russia. While the second one's up for debate, it's pretty much established that they despise the new guys and the region was a bastion of support for the old. It's hardly surprising their new Attorney General would tow that line.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
In the end, what ultimately matters here is how the Crimeans perceive the new Ukrainian government and how they feel about reannexation by Russia. While the second one's up for debate, it's pretty much established that they despise the new guys and the region was a bastion of support for the old. It's hardly surprising their new Attorney General would tow that line.

I think the only thing we can establish is that there is no way Ukraine gets Crimea back and that there aren't enough people with guns in Crimea, who would want to stay in Ukraine.

Last edited by jl07045 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
So basically a part of Europe is on the brink of war, and Japan has their hands in their pants.
A Spacey Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:

What the hell does dtm42 have to do with the US?

It's the blind willingness to accept anything on a screen without doing research. I don't want people to just believe me and regurgitate my talking points, or just keep them as their own opinion. I want people to look at what I'm saying, see how stark the contrast is to what corporate media is spouting out, and look up what I'm talking about and do their own digging. And if one person changed how they approach media and becomes someone who rather inform themselves than listen to talking points of others I'll feel like I did something more than argue with people who don't honestly care about these people and like their ideas of the world as is and won't change them no matter how many facts arise. (not a big fan of organized religion either but that shouldn't be a surprise.) Regardless political stuff makes me sad so I'm going back to complaining how moe and harems are the devil, animation is art, and how people who say anime and cartoons are lacking a basic understanding of the medium as a whole. -.( >3> ).- I'm done with this forum, peace people!
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
This post is going way off topic Razz
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8