• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Posts Kyōkai no Kanata's 2nd Promo & Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazaking
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it's gonna be good.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
[quote] For shows that are usually so fluffy and harmless the discussions sure tend to be kind of hateful/spiteful in general on most sides of the equation. [/ quote]

For whatever reason, mix "cute" "(overzealous)fandom" "(predominantly)western Audience", and of course the internet as a means to view the message exchange, the result we get is an extremely volatile reaction
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Um...yes, yes she is blob girl.
Her character design is almost chibi tier, and not because she's all that short or young at all.
Just look at those legs that lack shape and thickness; that's what I meant. It doesn't fit with an action series.

I got a headache just from reading this.
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
I'm going to end up losing interest fast whenever the glitzy visuals die down and the by the book moe moe high school antics start up.

Have you actually taken the time to read the synopsis of the show?

Quote:

Also have no interest in dealing with the fanboy wars that are sure to creep up over this show like they always do with Kyoani stuff (people are already trying to label this "Monogatari Killer" whatever the hell that even means outside of their own imagination) when I can probably just watch any other action show by any other producer this coming season and have a way less facepalm inducing and down to Earth but still fun discussions with people about it.

Stop going to 4chan then.
Or if you don't go there; no one's telling you to "deal" with the "fanboy wars" when most of it is just trolling and shitposting.

And the reason why people are calling it the "monogatari killer", is because they want it to sell more than Bake.
Also, the author of the LN has stated that he got some inspiration from the Monogatari series.
Quote:

Easily the biggest downside to any Kyoani series is trying to plod through the ridiculously fanboyish vs anti-fanboy online discussions and the drama that ensues and considering I barely enjoy most of their stuff on my own time content wise....yeah going to be really tough to stick with probably unless this is like an actual revolution for the Kyoani brand.

So you dislike KyoAni's shows because of the online discussions and drama about them?
That's beyond retarded.
You don't NEED to be a part of those discussions, as most of them is just trolling/reverse trolling.
Quote:
They tend to lack detail and proper proportions

You have no idea what you're talking about.
The characters lack detail?
No.
Quote:
I'd describe Kyoani female designs as caught somewhere between chibi and a blobbish look on average.

You really don't know what you're talking about, huh?
Quote:

That's really just kind of how they look to me and probably the origin of the moeblob term.

TV Tropes wrote:
When a character has no visible personality traits aside from vaguely cute uselessness, he/she is termed the dreaded "Moe Blob".

Quote:
For shows that are usually so fluffy and harmless the discussions sure tend to be kind of hateful/spiteful in general on most sides of the equation.

Those are called "trolls".
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
@jet If you compared Kyoto Animation now to their FMP days, they suck. That's just how it is. They've gotten stale. Haruhi the original was pretty good. The art was so-so, but the show was pretty good. For the exception of Aya Hirano, the voice acting was superb and the visuals were nice as well. But overall, they suck. That Haruhi movie had detail on par with Gundam 00 S2, which is a very bad thing, if you think about it, it was slow and boring and it put me to sleep. Deal with it and realize KyoAni has gone down the toilet and will not come back up.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
It seems Kyoukai no Kanata does feature a few adult females in the cast like this seemingly divine one. Embarassed

So we got this, Kill la Kill, Kyousogiga (heh, some many K's), the new Yozakura Quartet, and any other Fall series with potentially high animation. We're getting a pretty sakuga season, don't ya think? Very Happy
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
they suck.

Quote:
That's just how it is.

Quote:
overall, they suck.

Quote:
bad

Quote:
Deal with it

Solid arguments you got there.
darkchibi07 wrote:
It seems Kyoukai no Kanata does feature a few adult females in the cast like this seemingly divine one. Embarassed

So we got this, Kill la Kill, Kyousogiga (heh, some many K's), the new Yozakura Quartet, and any other Fall series with potentially high animation. We're getting a pretty sakuga season, don't ya think? Very Happy

Don't forget Magi, Gundam Build Fighters and Coppelion.
DukeNukem3DO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
@jet If you compared Kyoto Animation now to their FMP days, they suck. That's just how it is. They've gotten stale. Haruhi the original was pretty good. The art was so-so, but the show was pretty good. For the exception of Aya Hirano, the voice acting was superb and the visuals were nice as well. But overall, they suck. That Haruhi movie had detail on par with Gundam 00 S2, which is a very bad thing, if you think about it, it was slow and boring and it put me to sleep. Deal with it and realize KyoAni has gone down the toilet and will not come back up.
at least their better than Shaft and Gonzo
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Yeah I cant wait for more brilliantly animated sequences like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqpGS29vjk.[/quote]
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I can't wait for more brilliantly animated sequences like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqpGS29vjk.
[/quote]
That was changed in the BD, iirc.
And I only mentioned Magi because it's got sakuga.
I haven't seen the show myself though (dropped it after ep 3).
halochief_90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
That Haruhi movie had detail on par with Gundam 00 S2
That is completely false but its probably futile trying to reason with someone who starts a comparison between Haruhi and Gundam.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Hot damn this is the worst thread I've ever seen on this excuse for a message board.
Why are KyoAni shows so horribly controversial?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi season 3? How about it Kyoto Razz
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

How about spoiler[not in any near future]?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

Its not really up to them.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Action with Kyoani blob girls?
Nerdy, ugly main girl to be in contrast to the "tall, mature perfect girl"?
2 bishies already feeling up each other?

I hope KyoAni will choke on it this time.

Quote:
Um...yes, yes she is blob girl.
Her character design is almost chibi tier, and not because she's all that short or young at all.
Just look at those legs that lack shape and thickness; that's what I meant. It doesn't fit with an action series.

YamadaKun wrote:

And the KyoAni haters continue to hate (what a surprise)......

Trolling at its worst. Rolling Eyes

Personally, I am definitely interested in this show and will take a look at it when it comes out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4