• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Error on Ergo Proxy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackCox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Producer Satoshi Fujii is not credited as "Producer" in the staff for the english version of Ergo Proxy, I have tried to add him but alas I cannot. I actually own the Ergo Proxy DVD and I saw his name in the credits. Could someone whose a mod please add him?
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I know you posted this already as an error report, and I handled this error. Sadly enough, the structure of the ANN database has shown a flaw in dealing with this kind of mistakes.
One user entered Satoshi Fujii as producer for the Japanese version of Ergo Proxy. The system won't allow you to enter the same name for another language (in other words, the language is not taken into account if you enter information). Therefor, the name is already in the database.

I've changed the status of this entry to false (it is false for the Japanese version), but I can't remove the entry. So if you try to enter this name again for the English (ot whatever) version, the database will tell you that this info is false, because I marked it so.

I've asked Tempest to handle this, but for the moment, there are higher priorities. We'll deal with that later for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
According to the original submission, the info came from the Japanese Credits.

Although Satoshi is an employee of Geneon USA, if they were involved in the original production, perhaps their name should be in the Japanese credits, not English.

Thoughts Dan?

-t
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
If his name was in the Japanese credits I think that would make him part of the original staff, i.e. Japanese. But then again all his other credits are for english versions. Tricky. Since woelfie previously investigated, I've changed it to english. But it's fishy...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
If his name was in the Japanese credits I think that would make him part of the original staff, i.e. Japanese. But then again all his other credits are for english versions. Tricky. Since woelfie previously investigated, I've changed it to english. But it's fishy...

Well, it's probably a case of Geneon Ent. USA being involved in the original production, with Satoshi being the person involved. Of course, we have no idea how involved, but I'll ask Geneon. That's what AIM is for Smile

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Straight from Geneon:

Quote:
He was involved in the business development and title development for Ergo in Japan,
and us adaptation / production in the US
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Even more tricky than I thought... Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
wao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I haven't been coming here very often, so sorry. It's my fault for putting it there. (Unless my memory has screwed me over, which happens a lot)

This is a screenshot from the Japanese opening credits purely for clarification purposes.

It doesn't really matter which language he goes into but I think it's pretty cool that his name's up there with the Japanese producers.
386sky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Photobucket image is broken. The Spanish subbed opening credits have 藤井さとし in it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Why are you necro-ing a thread that's over 3 1/2 years old?!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1