• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Say, "I Love You". Romance Manga Gets Live-Action Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
GokuMew2 wrote:
Man, everything is getting a live-action movie nowadays. I mean, I like the series, but I can't approve unless Yamato's actor somehow has Sakurai's voice.
Well isn't Sakurai available then?

I just imagined Sakurai with Yamato's weird hairstyle and laughed. Nnn... Sakurai's good-looking, but I don't want him to look like Yamato (with his hair). Anime hyper
Ah well you can't have it both ways I'm afraid, and it would be only a wig. Laughing
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
So, like, is this set in stone then? Shoujo manga will only get live-action from now on? Every shoujo now is getting a live-action...this makes me so sad. Crying or Very sad

Spotlesseden wrote:
live action is better than anime for those type of manga/

I disagree. When you make shoujo into live action, it loses a lot of original elements the manga has. But almost none of those elements will be lost in an anime form. For instance, how the heck are they going to find someone with Yamato's hair? And they will obviously have to cut down on a LOT of the smut. Not to mention the actors will probably not look like the characters at all. Yes, I'm being picky but these are a few of the reasons why I say anime is better for shoujo.

/rant over.

I like Live action better. I guess people have different taste. I will probably watch this one. I probably would never watch the anime.
I like drama Hana Yori Dango, hana kimi, Itazura na Kiss, Absolute Boyfriend. Some of them have no anime, or the anime is very bad compare to the drama version.

In fact, Hana Yori Dango is so good for live action. It has a TV drama series in Korean, Japan, taiwan

At that time Hana Yori Dango Final was the third Best-Selling Japanese DVD of all time. You can't never do that with shojo anime.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/rankmusic/62051/full/
idkAlan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
If anything I think that as long as it gets a good adaptation, it'll be a successful hit.
While fans of the series would be first in line, it has the potential of bringing in more fans, which in turn more possible sales, because if anything this series does have a theme that is very well accepted amongst various ages.
So as long as they make a good adaptation, without losing much of the overall storyline, I'll be happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2