• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tatoo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:40 am Reply with quote
I've been thinking about this for awhile. I really want an anime tatoo, is there anyone who has one (if so, of what), do you have any opinions on getting an anime tatoo?
Sakuya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:55 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I've been wondering on where you would go to get a specific one you want, I mean, do tattoo artists do anime tattoos...? I still don't know what I would want if I got one but I know I want one all the same... And yeah, if anybody has any opinions on an anime tattoo that they have or want to get feel free to state it... I really need some ideas... I don't want to get something I'm not going to like later on in my life... Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:20 am Reply with quote
A friend of a friend of mind, has actually gotten a tatoo, he said that they can do anything you want, you just need a picture of what it is you want.

I want a tatoo of Rei Ayanami and Asuka. Rei would be on my upper right shoulder, and Asuka on my left. Rei would be an angel with wings, and she would be praying, Asuka would be a devil with wings looking, well, devilish. Problem is, I don't know of any offical artwork of them protrayed in such a mannor, so that means I'd have to draw it myself, but I can't draw them good enough.
Case

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:23 am Reply with quote
Just remember, when you're 80 and tired of your grandkids laughing at the half-naked Naru Narusegawa across your back, it's probably going to cost you four grand to get that sucker removed.

(You'll be dealing with complications from scar tissue while I'm driving to the golf course in a fully restored '03 Dodge Viper. Very Happy )
Sakuya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:32 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that does sound really tough to get... I myself am not a very good drawer but luckily I have good friends that are... There are two things you can try other than drawing the picture yourself... You could search on the internet for a fanart that looks somewhat like how you explained then ask the artist if you could use it... Or you could find artists that take requests from people and ask if they could do that... both are really hard to do... Because I know you wouldn't want a person to draw the picture badly... I mean, your going to have it pasted (couldn't really think of another word for it) on your skin for life... you don't want something bad... But trying to find a picture that matches your discription using a simple Google search isn't that easy either... Another thing you could do is find a picture of Rei Ayanami and Asuka in the positions you want them in (though I dunno if your going to be able to find Rei Ayanami in a praying position) and ask the tattoo artist if he could try and put the angel and devil wings on there for you... I've never gotten a tattoo before so I'm not sure if they'd do that but it's worth a try... I mean, the worst thing that could happen is they say no... and you can always try another place... there are more than one tattoo artists out there... Actually... I am friends with one on AOL... if I ever see him on again I'll ask him if they do that or if he has any ideas on what you can do... Anyways, as for me, I know I'm definately getting one, probably either on my ankle or my arm... But I'm still not sure what it's going to be...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sakuya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:37 am Reply with quote
If I get a tattoo then it will be my choice and I'll have to endure the fact that it will forever be printed on my skin (unless I want to do that whole removal process)... I know the consequences I'd be facing and that's why I'm waiting awhile before I make a final decision on what it's going to be... (awhile being a few years not a few weeks) And whatever I get I don't plan on it being anything hentai-ish (no offense to those who do want or have already gotten one, it's just not for me...) And when did I start caring about what my family members think? If I did then I wouldn't be getting the tattoo at all... They already think I'm weird beyond all reason... Getting an anime tattoo wouldn't change there already drastically low opinion of my anime fandom... Rolling Eyes

[edit]Content Removed because it was just added to insult someone -t[/edit]
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:36 am Reply with quote
I have two tattoos right now. Neither are anime related. (Considering I got both of them before I really got deeply involved with anime....otherwise, I might have made a bad decision Wink ) I know someone who has a tattoo if girl-type Ranma in a cat suit. I just couldn't do that.

I don't know if I'd ever get an anime tattoo. I might get an "anime inspired" one someday. Dunno...haven't thought that far ahead Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:29 am Reply with quote
Case wrote:
Just remember, when you're 80 and tired of your grandkids laughing at the half-naked Naru Narusegawa across your back, it's probably going to cost you four grand to get that sucker removed.

Hell no, I'm not going to live to be 80, I going to die of a heartattack at 55 while I'm masturb.... well lets just say I'll be enjoying a hentai.

(sorry if I totally grossed you out)

Last edited by MelancholyDevil on Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Delthayre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:31 am Reply with quote
I don't have any tatoos and while I have considered them from time to time, I doubt I will ever get one.

However, I have been known to hop around saying, "de plane boss, de plane!"
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:38 am Reply with quote
I said I wanted to get a tattoo that says stupid American in Japanese...but I'll think I'll get a t-shirt instead. its cheaper, less painfull, and I can take it off.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:52 am Reply with quote
Delthayre wrote:
I can't believe he just spelled Masturbating wrong

Oops, justed fixed that though, but don't be suprised if you see alot more misspellings from me, it's not my best subject. Think you can excuse it, it was just one letter after all.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:57 am Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:
I said I wanted to get a tattoo that says stupid American in Japanese...but I'll think I'll get a t-shirt instead. its cheaper, less painfull, and I can take it off.

I think you would have to print something like that on a shirt yourself, I don't think they sell any shirts with that on 'em.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:08 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:

Heh, ever seen "This is Otakudom"? Very Happy

BOB: "I also got this kick-ass tattoo. It means ‘Resurrection without redemption.’” (actual translation = “Stupid Gaijin: I take your money”)

Anyway, I don't have a tattoo, but two friends of mine (a married couple) do. He has Ranma-kun and she has Ranma-chan. Great concept really, there's a lot of pair ups that lovers could have done together.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
JETBLACK87 wrote:

Heh, ever seen "This is Otakudom"? Very Happy

BOB: "I also got this kick-ass tattoo. It means ‘Resurrection without redemption.’” (actual translation = “Stupid Gaijin: I take your money”)

Emerje

no I haven't. is there anywhere online I can see it?

the reason I want it is cause getting tattoo of japanese words is "cool". everyones like "aw man look at this its so cool it means fire" and those people are pretty much "stupid americans" so why not just do that. plus if people ask what it means I'd laugh at them. it would be an inside joke between me and the Japanese people.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:43 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:
no I haven't. is there anywhere online I can see it?

It's a fan parody (and a long one at that) mostly using scenes from Fushigi Yugi and sever ather anime. It's too big to download, but I can probably get you a VCD of it in the near future. You can check out the website over at www.welcome.to/otakudom If you ever go to an anime con then keep an eye out for it, it makes it's rounds for showings regularly, especially at Otakon where it's a big hit.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2