• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strange swim foreshadowing.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empyrical

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:52 pm Reply with quote
on AS last night, they mentioned Excel Saga, and Ranma 1/2 in different segments. i think this means that they are looking at Excel saga for AS, and prob. Ranma 1/2 for Toonami. it would be a much better addition to toonami i think.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:12 am Reply with quote
I highly doubt both.
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:15 am Reply with quote
considering the nudity in the first season of ranma 1/2, implied or otherwise, I don't think it'd be good for Toonami. Then again, they may still have to make cuts for AS so who knows. Excel Saga would be logical though, its friggin' hillarious. Im tired of anime that is mostly action, and since humor does so well on AS excel saga would fit in great.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:17 am Reply with quote
I would rather see both of them on TechTV.
Case

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:36 am Reply with quote
Uhhh... The title card that mentioned Ranma 1/2 said (paraphrasing):

"We're always looking for new shows to add to Adult Swim. There aren't very many good ones out there right now, but we'll see what we can do. One thing we won't ever show is Ranma 1/2. Yuck. Sorry guys."
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:28 am Reply with quote
Case wrote:
Uhhh... The title card that mentioned Ranma 1/2 said (paraphrasing):

"We're always looking for new shows to add to Adult Swim. There aren't very many good ones out there right now, but we'll see what we can do. One thing we won't ever show is Ranma 1/2. Yuck. Sorry guys."

lmfao hahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha oooh.... need to take a breather...... ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.

Thank god someone said it. I'm not much of a fan. No offence to all you Ranma lovers. Keep loving!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:31 am Reply with quote
Hmm... you know, I can't watch Adult Swim here in Canada, but, reading about the weird text they put in between shows, I'm half expecting them to tell us what they think of Amiga computers and homosexuals, like the strange messages at the end of the episodes in Arctic Animation's old fansubs of Kimagure Orange Road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Didn't you actually read the card that mentioned Excel Saga?

"...FLCL is probably the craziest anime out there,
'cept for maybe Excel Saga.
But FLCL is far less (bold for emphasis) annoying.
Sorry Excel fans."

Typically when they rip into a show, it means they won't run it. Or it means they already ran it. Either one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Delthayre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:11 am Reply with quote
!bubezleeB Double posts are his doing!

Last edited by Delthayre on Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Delthayre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:12 am Reply with quote
I don't think that completely excludes the possibility of Excel Saga, but it has always been unlikely, now it is more unlikely.

Ah well, I own the whole series, so no loss to me either way. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something more definitive in future weeks. I'm at least glad they've officially killed any possibility of Ranma 1/2, it was a bothersome favorite of speculators.
pumpkinhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:41 pm Reply with quote
besides, Excel Saga's on the Anime Network and I doubt that ADV's gonna let some other network run their baby on a rival show.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I wonldn't call anything TAN's rival seeing as how it's a Video on Demand channel and not a "real" network like Cartoon Network is. It's not a threat to anyone and no one really threatens it. I'd say just about anything on it is fair game until they really go public and makes it's way to more than just 2 states.

However, I think Excel Saga is a lost cause now.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I wonldn't call anything TAN's rival seeing as how it's a Video on Demand channel and not a "real" network like Cartoon Network is. It's not a threat to anyone and no one really threatens it. I'd say just about anything on it is fair game until they really go public and makes it's way to more than just 2 states.

However, I think Excel Saga is a lost cause now.

Emerje

From the Otakon ADV report:
A “linear” (non-”Video on Demand”) will be premiered sometime in the next year or so for use by Dish networks that cannot or do not provide VOD services.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I read that, but you know how long an ADV year can be. Remember Spriggan? Wink Still, that's rather limited, why not release it to other cable providers that don't have VOD too?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Yeah, I read that, but you know how long an ADV year can be. Remember Spriggan? Wink Still, that's rather limited, why not release it to other cable providers that don't have VOD too?

Emerje

Because that tends to mean that the cable provider would need to bump a channel to make room for it. I don't know how many cable companies would be willing to bump a channel they already have for one that they don't know what the popularity of it would be. (Though, IMHO, any cable company can do with fewer QVC-type networks....down with home shopping networks!! Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2