• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Press Release -- mistaken studio?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
[Apologies if this belongs in the Talkback forum--I didn't see any other threads there about company press releases, so I posted here. Please move if necessary.]

Did anyone else happen to see this?

Bandai Eureka 7 Press Release wrote:
Eureka SeveN, produced by Studio Bones, who created smash hits like Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist, and for the first time served as series co-investor...

Um, I know that Studio Bones did work on RahXephon, Angelic Layer, and Scrapped Princess, but wasn't Cowboy Bebop done by Studio Sunrise? Are they trying to take credit for work that they haven't done?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Um, I know that Studio Bones did work on RahXephon, Angelic Layer, and Scrapped Princess, but wasn't Cowboy Bebop done by Studio Sunrise? Are they trying to take credit for work that they haven't done?

If I remember correctly, it was the bulk of Cowboy Bebop's production staff that left Sunrise following the show's completion and founded Bones. The movie, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, was one of Bones' first productions, as well, if I remember correctly.

I don't know if this is enough to warrant saying Bebop is a Bones series per se, but it is rather easy to see where there may be some confusion over the matter at the very least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yep Nagisa gave good explaintation. Smile

It looks like press release is intetionally being vague about it, but they have to be refering to movie, Cowboy Bebop: KOHD
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote
The Mars Daybreak trailer also says from the people who brought you Cowboy Bebop. The Bones staff have worked on so few titles compared to Sunrise which has been around for so long. Sunrise can afford to share a bit of the creative credit in my opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1