• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Edit List - Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Sakura Shinguji wrote:
Regarding the episode itself, did it seem fast to anyone? As if it were either time-compressed like a lot of rerun TV shows and movies on cable channels these days, or as if tiny bits were removed from the beginnings and ends of different cuts and scenes? I wonder if Kyle might be able to just check runtimes for the episode on the DVD release (any of them) and the episode as it aired (whether he taped it with ye olde VCR or TiVO'ed it or whatever). Not trying to raise a big stink or anything, but I'm just trying to figure out if I'm crazy or not.

No. It filled its entire time slot easily enough. It's just the fact that you're rewatching it and know what's going to happen, that makes it seem to go by faster.
Andromeda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:38 am Reply with quote
Having glanced again at the infamous Toonami edit list for Eva episode 2 both before and after seeing the Adult Swim airing last night...

It appears to have not been edited at all. All of the major stuff - the toothpick scene, the bath scene, naked Shinji staring at Misato's drying lingerie, the whole "I wont be making any passes at him" scene, the "fifty gallons of beer" line, all the Yebisu beer cans... all left in. I could have missed something, but I'm pretty sure the editing was pretty much nonexistant, which bodes fairly well for the rest of the series I think. I look forward to seeing the episode 2 edit list.

EDITED because I forgot which forum I was one for a minute there. Anime smile + sweatdrop

-Andromeda
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:26 am Reply with quote
YES! PEN-PEN IS NOW ON CARTOON NETWORK!

Unlike during GRW.

I remember how all of Misato's beer cans were painted blue. Confused And the horrible music skips during the Unit 01 vs. Sachiel fight because of the two cuts. I wonder what the morons in NY would do if they licensed this (yeah right).
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
YES! PEN-PEN IS NOW ON CARTOON NETWORK!

Unlike during GRW.

I remember how all of Misato's beer cans were painted blue. Confused And the horrible music skips during the Unit 01 vs. Sachiel fight because of the two cuts. I wonder what the morons in NY would do if they licensed this (yeah right).

What morons in New York?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
excel7769

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I do belive that even though it's cable isn't CN and AS still bound by the regulation, and I think that there's a commentary about it as well (On the platinum edition) That it's not the sex, the blood, or the violence that's on Eva that keeps most of it on T.V. It's the Smoking Rolling Eyes Anyways I think AS will to the best job that it can within the rules it has to work with, but for me, staying with the DVD's is the way to go. (I love the platinum editon, Funny Story I was going to buy the director's cut, but I heard rumors about a re-do of the animation and sound so I waited and I never regreted it. Very Happy )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2