• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Manga Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:08 am Reply with quote
Hey guys. I'm a little worried here. This whole Fate/ franchise seems pretty cool. I'm really starting to like it. Is there any way you could make it utterly awful instead so I can go back to hating everything?

Quote:
Ecchi magical girl manga with Ilya as the main character

Perfect! Thanks! Laughing
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
Really? How is it ecchi? It's pretty much Nanoha with Fate/Stay Night characters and lots of comedy. Some of the fights (VS Alter Fate, VS Berserker and VS Bazet) surpassed the best fights in Nanoha A's. HELL, they have two Nanoha crossovers.

See for yourself: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bazett?before=1323421614
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
Why am I not surprised that the spin off Ecchi Magical girl gets animated before Heaven's Feel arc?

I can still dream.

I'm dreaming right there with you. My reaction to this news was "Even this is getting an anime, but where the hell is Heaven's Feel?"

I'll certainly watch and enjoy this show, though. I never got around to reading the manga but I've heard good things.
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
Why am I not surprised that the spin off Ecchi Magical girl gets animated before Heaven's Feel arc?

I can still dream.

I'm okay with HF never being animated unless ufotable is involved. It's my favorite FSN route - probably my favorite Fate story in general - and it would kill me to see it given the treatment the other two FSN routes have gotten.

At least it's hard to make Fate/Kaleid Liner any worse. It's really cute and fun and all, and I am looking forward to it being animated, but it definitely lacks something to make it anything more than a forgettable parody. Maybe animation will give it that something. Either way I'm still excited as a TM fan.

Some Tsukihime would be nice though...
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
AilisKnil wrote:
Kirkdawg wrote:

I can still dream.

I'm okay with HF never being animated unless ufotable is involved. It's my favorite FSN route - probably my favorite Fate story in general - and it would kill me to see it given the treatment the other two FSN routes have gotten.

At least it's hard to make Fate/Kaleid Liner any worse. It's really cute and fun and all, and I am looking forward to it being animated, but it definitely lacks something to make it anything more than a forgettable parody. Maybe animation will give it that something. Either way I'm still excited as a TM fan.

Some Tsukihime would be nice though...

I agree. After seeing the incredible stuff ufotable has been able to do with Kara No Kyoukai and Fate/Zero I would rather a Heaven's Feel arc not happen unless they do it. I hated the Studio DEEN TV anime and UBW movie and the style of Heaven's Feel by FAR suits ufotable more(it's incredibly dark similar to KnK and those movies is what made me hope they would tackle it at some point)

However just because this is happening right now doesn't mean there is no chance of a Heaven's Feel Arc at some time in the future. ufotable is working on 2nd season of Fate/Zero and I would be curious to see what the next project they have is after they finish up. Will they being moving onto another TYPE-MOON project or something else?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I didn't find anything wrong with Deen's adaptations. Though I agree subject matter wise HF would be best in ufotable's hands.

Since it seems every Type Moon spin off is getting an anime, let's consider what hasn't gotten one yet. Maybe after they get through those it'll be HF's turn.

Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku's routes
Tsukihime Plus Disc
Kagetsu Tohya
Melty Blood
DDD
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Fate/Extra
All Around Type Moon

Feel free to point out any I missed.
otakunomike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Doing an anime of the Melty Blood manga might be kinda nice, but seeing how thats split into 3, rather independent, series it could be tricky to get done. I really don't see any other Tsukihime anime since the game is over 10 years old now and rather hard to adapt anyway, too many interconnected events in each story line. I think the best we could hope for is if Witch on the Holy Night gets an anime, though that could take a while since the game isn't even out till next month. (though it would have Aoko in it which automatically means I would buy Aniplex's inevitably insanely priced Blu-Ray).

I really hope someone (read: ufoTable) does Heaven's Feel, but that arc is so insular it's difficult to do without people having background knowledge of the characters and events. The success of Fate/Zero gives me hope they'll get around to it, but after what that movie did to my poor UBW I wouldn't mind it not getting done if they wont.

Now as for Kaledio Ilya, this I'm really looking forward to since the manga is pretty irreverently hilarious taking the normal Fate cast and twisting the whole situation around.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well, at least I know early on to pass on this. Had my assumptions from the title, but that says enough for me.
Actar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well, at least I know early on to pass on this. Had my assumptions from the title, but that says enough for me.

Sorry, but I just can't take people who judge shows based on a single sentence seriously at all. In fact, I don't think anyone can pass fair judgement on any show unless they actually watch it for themselves first.

Not to mention, just because a show is from a genera you might not necessarily like, it doesn't mean that a show will turn out the way that you think it will.
tobeast777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
REALLY!? O.O I mean I read it and it wasn't bad, but I'm really shocked they are actually going to make it into an anime. Cool though, I'll watch it Anime hyper
tyciol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
New thread came out in July about this: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1136814
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2