• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Adult Swim Action

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I think Pilot Candidate would fare better on CN's earlier Toonami block, WHERE IT WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO GO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vicious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:19 am Reply with quote
I can't comment on it myself sense I only saw the first ep, but from all I hear CN would fare better never airing the show at all and showing Huckleberry Hound reruns in it's place.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Vicious wrote:

I can't comment on it myself sense I only saw the first ep, but from all I hear CN would fare better never airing the show at all and showing Huckleberry Hound reruns in it's place.

Agreed. Axe Zoids and show more Popeye, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pilot Zero

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Eric wrote:

Am I the only one who likes Pilot Candidate? I think it is a good series

no you arent, i myself think it is a good anime once you get past the CG effects and the short short's...just lettin ya know that there is others out there. though this is coming from the kid that liked (i emphasize liked) Zoids :P
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:11 am Reply with quote
Since this is back, June Bugs will be on all weekend so no Adult Swim. Go and enjoy Bugs in his crazniess. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
bb smith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:27 pm Reply with quote
well i think Cowboy Bebop show stinks,the story line is lame as well as the characters,that show reminds me to mush of outlaw star,as for Pilot Candidate,well that show is great and oh yes the show leaves you guessing,is that all the shows are about,whats going to happend? what will he or she will do next.
and for changing of the pilots,well there ex gets depleted or to say used up over time,and the goddess robots,i think they look why better than the gun dum units,and and as far as i know there will be new shows soon,and it will be better than the 1st half,the 1st half 00-11 was a intro of the show i say.

if you all realy dont like the show,well thats you and not the other guy..

and other than that the CG effects are well done,the best that i seen so far,and i do agree the dub was a little bit off,and you all are right about that part.

i never watched a subbed show be fore,may be you all would sugest a dvd title for me to give a test drive??

i am not flameing no one on this board,all i got to say is that i realy love this show
Hagakure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:03 pm Reply with quote
bb smith wrote:

i am not flameing no one on this board,all i got to say is that i realy love this show

Not to worry, everyone's entitled to their opinion

I do however find it strange that you would dismiss Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop as being the same. Outlaw Star focuses on a fantastic goal, wheras Cowboy Bebop is a slightly more realistic story. I'm not trying to attack your opinion, but if you have only seen like one episode, give it a better chance, Cowboy Bebop is very episodic and is hard to pick up on halfway through.
ani-cleo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Hello and well met!!
this is my first time on and I would like to join the discusion, becuase I watch Adult Swim every Saturday!! Very Happy
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:11 pm Reply with quote
bb smith wrote:

well i think Cowboy Bebop show stinks,the story line is lame as well as the characters,that show reminds me to mush of outlaw star,as for Pilot Candidate,well that show is great and oh yes the show leaves you guessing,is that all the shows are about,whats going to happend? what will he or she will do next.
and for changing of the pilots,well there ex gets depleted or to say used up over time,and the goddess robots,i think they look why better than the gun dum units,and and as far as i know there will be new shows soon,and it will be better than the 1st half,the 1st half 00-11 was a intro of the show i say.

You are young and confused. That's all I have to say.
bb smith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:30 pm Reply with quote
i am 27 years olds and yes i watch Anime,do you have a problem with that??

if you do what of it

as for Cowboy Bebop ,i am sick of seeing it replayed on cartoon network the same with dragon ball Z,,i just wish they put something eles than those 2 shows
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, dishing my two of my favorite anime series. There's some brownie points. Razz Besides, I'm 23 and still be watching anime until I get tried of it, which won't be sometime (Since I put some much money in to so far.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vicious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:00 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

Wow, dishing my two of my favorite anime series.

Dissing :P
ani-cleo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:48 pm Reply with quote
well I agree that they really need to get some new stuff in there, I really get sick of seeing the same crap on Adult Swim!! And DragonBall Z just needs to be shot and put out of its misurey!! I think they should start showing some Ronin Kenshin!! Wink
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:16 pm Reply with quote
So far, the money is in DBZ and DB. DBZ alone is one the highest ranking show on cable. Do you really think CN is going to give up this cash cow any time soon. Kenshin won't cut on Toonami, but on Adult Swim, it'll do pretty good.
Hagakure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm a huge Rurouni Kenshin fan. (not to be techinical, but its Rurouni, which is a wanderer) Rurouni Kenshin has very little chance of being shown on CN. Why? Because CN has a close relationship with Bandai, and it is difficult for them to afford the cost of addtional contracts with other States lisencers.

In addtion, Rurouni Kenshin would get some serious cuts of blood, despite the fact the the lead character, Kenshin, uses a reverse-blade sword which cannot kill, whereas other characters do not.

I completely agree with you though, it wold be cool to see some new anime on Toonami. DBZ shouldn't be removed (even though I don't particularly like it, I must admit it has a huge following) but we certainly don't need so much of it. And remove Batman Beyond and The Powerpuff Girls. I guess they figure that there is enough anime on Adult Swim Action so they can put other things in the Toonami block. I still don't think they have a place there.[/i]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4