• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverPhantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Aside from C - Control and Baka and Test 2 there is nothing else of interest for me, how disappointing...oh well.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
My problem isn't with fanservice junk, but them never licensing the fanservice junk I like (ie, Qwaser, Astarotte's Toy, etc).
GordanHam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote
Basically C and Deadman Wonderland are guarentee gets for me. But it is really sad that this was all they announced and that all the shows I am ginuinely interested in are from NIS America who affirmed that their shows are bottom-of-the-barrel, the ones others aren't looking to license. And I am so sick of Aniplex USA, wish they would fallow Bandai Visual.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote
Deadman Wonderland and Stens Gate are the only things that I'm interested in. I'm behind watching them on Crunchyroll, and I have to write my review for Eden of the East.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
I'll admit, I figured that B Gata H Kei would be licensed someday but I did not think it would happen this soon.

But it stands to reason, that if a show such as B Gata is eventually licensed, then other "interesting" shows might also have a chance.

By no means am I fan of B Gata (as comical as Zac's review of it was years ago, it's just not a genre I can honestly say I truly enjoy.) but it's great to see Funimation license this many shows at one time.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
Basically C and Deadman Wonderland are guarentee gets for me. But it is really sad that this was all they announced and that all the shows I am ginuinely interested in are from NIS America who affirmed that their shows are bottom-of-the-barrel, the ones others aren't looking to license. And I am so sick of Aniplex USA, wish they would fallow Bandai Visual.

Agreed, and I thought I'd like Aniplex until they started following BV's imports as R1's model.

Nice picks from Funi though awesome BDs for Deadman, Steins;Gate and C, ashame Blue Exorcist couldn't join that.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote
This news disappoints me a little just because I was thinking 'Oh wow! Madman licensing something NOT from Funimation' when Madman made their Supanova announcement. Not that I'm disappointed that Steins;Gate is coming over to the NA! Just felt like the little respect I gained for Madman disappeared... Guess I just hold Siren on too high a pedestal.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote
I have to admit, I like these licenses. However, I was secretly hoping against hope that Sailor Moon would be rescued....but alas. But still Funimation, there is but one thing left to do.

Bring it on!
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:

Bring it on!

My thoughts exactly. Very happy about DW getting picked up. It is such a great series and is a definite buy for me. I am also considering Steins;Gate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:41 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
My problem isn't with fanservice junk, but them never licensing the fanservice junk I like (ie, Qwaser, Astarotte's Toy, etc).

B Gata H Kei being licensed gives me hope Qwaser will maybe someday.

I wonder if a company is waiting for all the Oreimo OVAs to come out before they announce it.

I wish someone would grab Sket Dance as well.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 am Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
B Gata H Kei actually got licensed? I thought that would have as much of a chance of getting licensed as KissxSis does. Especially since the premise at the beginning of the show was her having a goal of sleeping with 100 guys.

Somehow that reminds me of a movie in the past where the girl did sleep with a hundred guys --in a row!-- (no, it wasn't a pr0n movie Razz ) but she was pretty worn by the end. I don't remember the title. Laughing

tangytangerine wrote:

Asobi ni Ikuyo! was one I kinda figured would get licensed soon. Although I think that the english translated title("We've Come to Play") sounds better than "Cat Planet Cuties".

But it probably wouldn't get as many looks. Laughing

RyanSaotome wrote:
tsunayakuin wrote:

They already grabbed Otoshimono and Rosario which I see nothing of in dub, why more fanservice junk?

Ecchi is a safe license. Its cheap, and guaranteed sales.

Anime fans can be so shallow as Hollywood summer flicks. Laughing

einhorn303 wrote:

You're even too far right-wing for Texas-based Funi! Wink
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 am Reply with quote
I'm happy about Steins;Gate, Deadman and the new Last Exile.

Haven't seen any of Baka and Test but will give it a look now that part 2 is on board...

Hopefully Gosick or AnoHana will be announced at Otakon

In the meantime, please PLEASE cast Carrie Savage in Steins;Gate as Feris Nyan-Nyan Cool
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:

Maybe because Aria sucks? Razz + Twisted Evil

Not really. I mean, if you don't like gun-toting loli's I can respect that, but I happen to like them alot.

I like gun-toting girls in-general, it's just that Rie Kugumiya has made me completely and utterly sick of feisty lolli characters in general! Can you really blame me for that???
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:12 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
So is CR not streaming the rest of Steins;Gate or?

Funimation's license does not invalidate Crunchyroll's existing license. I can cite several series that Funimation obtained full rights to while they were still being simulcast on Crunchyroll, and all completed their simulcast run. In fact, most are still on Crunchyroll.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quote
So, after registering for a debit card... All this happens? Damn, people must really want my money! Or... I must be the one affecting the licensing of many anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10