• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Questions Concerning Flame of Recca Final Burning

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
So I just happened to pass by the torrent for this anime yesterday and I decided to check it out (mainly because I loved the TV series). Now while I was downloading it I had the expectation that maybe it would've been a reboot into the series to continue it (a la "Hunter X Hunter Greed Island OVAs) and to my dismay though it did continue the series, it started spoiler[basically with how it ends in the manga].

Now I checked if there was any info on it in the encyclopedia and there is none but for anyone who knows about this was Final Burning made just to give the Manga ending in Anime form or was this a pilot of some form for a reboot into the series (though I know that if it was a true reboot into the series and a pilot it would have had to been where the Anime left off). ? After watching though I am appreciative of it, it has left me perplexed with why it was done if they weren't going to continue from where the anime left off because I really wanted the anime to continue.

Anyone have any answers for me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
So I just happened to pass by the torrent for this anime yesterday and I decided to check it out (mainly because I loved the TV series). Now while I was downloading it I had the expectation that maybe it would've been a reboot into the series to continue it (a la "Hunter X Hunter Greed Island OVAs) and to my dismay though it did continue the series, it started spoiler[basically with how it ends in the manga].

Now I checked if there was any info on it in the encyclopedia and there is none but for anyone who knows about this was Final Burning made just to give the Manga ending in Anime form or was this a pilot of some form for a reboot into the series (though I know that if it was a true reboot into the series and a pilot it would have had to been where the Anime left off). ? After watching though I am appreciative of it, it has left me perplexed with why it was done if they weren't going to continue from where the anime left off because I really wanted the anime to continue.

The description given on a certain anime site says this: This is a bonus clip when you beat the Final Burning R2 PS2 game which was released with the final tankoubon (Vol 33).
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:

The description given on a certain anime site says this: This is a bonus clip when you beat the Final Burning R2 PS2 game which was released with the final tankoubon (Vol 33).

Seriously?

And I hoped it might've been something like a Greed Island thing for Flame of Recca. I had suspicions though seeing as the animation quality is pretty weak (if it was an OVA).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
Yeah, they made a PS2 game that apparently played a bit like Dragon Slayer, all "pick a thing, and then we play a short movie based on your choice". I assume that torrent is a copy of a portion of the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1