• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brigadoon anyone

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aoi777

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:59 am Reply with quote
Hey,

I was just looking for feedback on the series brigadoon. Has anyone seen it, and if so tell me what you thought. Just curious.

Well I rather enjoyed it, and I thought it was entartaining.

Thanks
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:57 am Reply with quote
Reviews on ANN of the first three volumes can be found here:
animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=577
animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=582
animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=584

At first, I was very turned off by the series. I thought the character designs were hideous and the show was very boring and ordinary. The more I watched it though, the more interested I was in it. Once she goes to Brigadoon, the real story starts to shine through and it becomes more than just a monster-of-the-week show. I also find the portrayal of class conflicts interesting, and it really puts a lot of the emotion into the show.

So... my opinion of it was that I wasn't really impressed with the first several episodes, because they were so repetitive, but as the series grew on, and they stepped out of the pattern, I started liking it a lot better.

It's a really underrated series and relatively unknown. I kind of wish more people watched it, because it deserves a bit more attention than it gets.
aoi777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:13 am Reply with quote
Yea, I have to agree nobody seems to know much about this series. But the character design was probably one of the worst I seen.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I couldn't stand the way they drew Marin. Her long, long, parallel-line legs, and her clumpy clubbed feet? Not appealing. Throw in her diaper undies, and the whole thing just didn't appeal to me aesthetically at all.

I did, however, like the designs they used for Melan and the other mechs. Those kept my eyes happy for awhile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1