• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
More Noir?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ownerizer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:03 am Reply with quote
well, it's been a while since I asked this question, so I'd thought I'd ask it again. Anyone heard ANYTHING about more Noir. A movie, a second season, a manga? I loved the series, and was kinda sad when it was over, that there wasn't anything more. Anyway, anything else would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:18 am Reply with quote
hmm...well, I personally haven't heard anything about more Noir. I think the 26 episodes just might be it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Sure, there's more Noir. Its called ".hack//sign".

Seriously though, about Noir...

It seems like its popularity in Japan was quickly replaced by fruits basket and then subsequently forgotten with some of the newer series.

I remember wondering something similar but I forgot if the answer was "no" or just no reply at all. Either way, I wouldn't hold my breath for any new Noir. Theres no place for the series to go, and nothing to hold it together that would warrant making something else.
Aya Reiko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:34 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be too surprised if it were made into a game. Remember AD Vision's annoucement a couple of weeks ago of looking at possibly licencing out various anime titles, Noir included. (Link: http://www.animeondvd.com/news/archives.php?datearch=0902 - Scroll down to Sep. 20th.)

I think Noir could easily be made into a FPS or a TPS. Question would be would it be running on a id-based engine (Quake III Arena or Doom III), an Unreal engine, or a entirely new engine. Or, for that matter, PC or console.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:42 am Reply with quote
Aya Reiko wrote:

I think Noir could easily be made into a FPS or a TPS. Question would be would it be running on a id-based engine (Quake III Arena or Doom III), an Unreal engine, or a entirely new engine. Or, for that matter, PC or console.

Don't forget the Lithtech engine, official engine of cheap and crappy license driven games!

Noir could be made into a game, but why bother with the licensing fees? If it was made into a PC game, it'd probably be made here, and its popularity is too low to warrant paying for a license. The Idea is basic enough; school girl + french babe w/ guns shoot suits. The idea sells itself; it'd be money better spent towards developement costs than a license.

If it was a console game, the Idea might float, but many of the biggest fans of the genre have particular aversions to the games on console.
ownerizer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:18 am Reply with quote
I like first person shooters. I grew up on PC games though, I'm a PC Gamer forever. But I just got my first console, a PS2, a few months back, after my friend gave it to me. If they release anything else for Noir, I'll be sure to get it. Noir pushes all the right buttons for me, girls, girs with guns, explosions, killing. w00t, I am happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1