• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ayumi Hamasaki

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setzer

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone else think she has a nice voice?? If you don't know her she is the one who sings the current InuYasha ending called "Dearest". I heard she is also supposed to be really fashionable in Japan or something like that..
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Quite. She is very popular in Japan, I think still very popular at the moment. She has a great voice, and she is indeed very pretty.

It all depends. Some people love her (me =P) and some people think she's just ok or don't like her. It's what popularity does to y'. You could find a lot of info on her just by checking online. =P

Dearest is pretty good. If you like that, try listening to some of her other stuff then. =D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like Dearest all that much. Not because of her singing, but because of the instrumental arrangement. I just think it could've sounded better. A very decent singing voice though. I like the "Depth Nostaligic Windmix" of Dearest though. It's much more upbeat, which I think compliments the main melody much better.

As for her personally, I think she would look better with black hair rather than that mix of blonde, orange, and black or whatever. Other than that though, she's OK, not too cutesy, not too flashy.
gnollman

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote
She does have a good voice, and is still quite popular over in Japan. Lots of girls are still trying to look like her....

Personally, I don't find her all that super-attractive... don't understand what the fuss is all about.
Freddy C

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I onlylisten to her songs because she's pretty lol...pretty lame huh? But oh well, I think a lot of her fans are like me.

I don't think her songs are that good really... I mean they seem to 'go nowhere' and doesn't IMO have any structure to it (not a good one anyway). but her VIDEOS!! they are very very well done, all of them that I have seen are a work of art.

As for her voice, I've heard better, Faye Wong is one that comes to my mind.
gnollman

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Mmmm.... Faye Wong... gorgeous voice, very pretty....

I've bought her albums just for her voice, as I don't speak a lick of Chinese...
blitz5000

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:12 am Reply with quote
Ayumi Hamasaki is a great singer for me..... she has a good voice thats why she's been entitled the queen of Jpop Very Happy
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, I also like so much Faye Wong, but I think that both of them have a very nice voice...and...well, I'm not going to say that I love them, but they are quite pretty.

And their musics also are very good and popular, even out of Japan. I think that my prefered song of Ayumi is "Evolution", and also a remix that I have heard of it.
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Ever since I heard dearest I wanted to get one of her cds. When I looked at her cds in stores,there was quite a few of them. I was wondering, which cd of her's would be best to get.
Depression

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:38 pm Reply with quote
She does have a wonderful voice. I enjoy listen to the songs even if I don't understand the words. Such as Dearest with has a nice calm melody.
Kazumei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quote
That girl can sing. SHe one of my favorite singers. Not only can she sing, but write lyrics. Her songs are really deep and poetic.
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:57 am Reply with quote
I love Ayu! She is definately one of my favorite singers! I don't have any of her CDs yet, but the first one I was planning to buy would be "I am..." That includes Evolution (my favorite song by Ayu), Dearest, M and lots of other songs. I also want to buy her Moments single, but I'll just wait till it's on a full-length CD.
Iria51

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:40 am Reply with quote
I have also found that she has quite a few remixes out there as well, for those in to techno/dance. There is a popular (in Japan) techno group out of Belgium I believe, that has quite a following in Japan. They are called Velfarre and they have remixed quite a few of her songs. It could be that they are both on the same lable Avex though. I really love her music though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1