• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your most anticipated, yet disappointing anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takezo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:39 am Reply with quote
I just read the review for Bounty Dog. Spot on my friends. Before many of these websites came out, I was constantly buying videos with little or no knowledge of how good (or in this case, bad) the animes were. I just would like to know what other people own that they don't like to admit they own.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:42 am Reply with quote
Kiddy Grade the preview trailor made it look so cool but the show stunk so bad. Why Gonzo WHY! but then they rediemed themself's with Saikano.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I loved the first episode of Here Is Greenwood-the episodic, vignette plot structure really excited me. Every episode after that was much more conventional, though, so everything after part one was a letdown.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Saiyuki.

Another story that is based on Journey To The West except it was filled with boring characters who were very pretty and bad animation.

Looked good at first but was disappointing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animaniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:47 pm Reply with quote
well yeah saiyukii sucks but I dont own it. And i liked kiddy grade but I only saw preview and first ep Sad I only own great dvds but i have rented some nasty ones. Love hina spring (most love hina anime after volume 2) isnt worth buying but I couldnt help it. Manga is great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:39 am Reply with quote
Angel Sanctuary, that cartoon sucked so much ass.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:09 am Reply with quote
Ai Yori Aoshi - I saw the first 3 episodes on digi-sub which were good, but it was down hill from there. So I'm hoping that the last DVD with the ending is up to par with the first DVD

Last edited by radicaledward on Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:58 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Kiddy Grade the preview trailor made it look so cool but the show stunk so bad. Why Gonzo WHY! but then they rediemed themself's with Saikano.

I just finished watching Saikano a few days ago. All I can say is "WOW"!!
Saikano is probably one of the ten best anime series I hav ever seen.

Anyway, back on topic:

Sprigan was very disapoiniting. I was ecpecting so much from this moive, but it was so horrible. ADV may have the money to produce anime, but I hope to god they never do so again.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm with Radical Edward. Ai Yori Aoshi, *sighs* I was writing the eulogy for that series by the fifth episode. There was such potential, such beauty, in the story and it got lost on the path to becoming Love Hina 2.

Who wants to start a trust fund to pay Kousuke Fujishima and Studio Madhouse to animate the entire Ah! My Goddess manga? Seems it'll be the only way we'll get a shonen romance again.

Save for the 3rd Tenchi OAV. That's going to be stellar.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:

Who wants to start a trust fund to pay Kousuke Fujishima and Studio Madhouse to animate the entire Ah! My Goddess manga? Seems it'll be the only way we'll get a shonen romance again.

Hmm, sounds like a good idea, but I doubt that the entire series would be romantic - just like any other manga Ah! My Goddess! varies between romantic stroy arcs and character development arcs, with the occasional just "fun" arc from time to time. Same deal with Ai Yori Aoshi theres only so much romance that I can take before I gag, so you need some of the series to be character development and maybe a filler episode here and there to break things up. But so far Ai Yori Aoshi has been all filler out side of the very first few episodes.
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Patlabor WXIII, it would have made a neat little manga side story, but that's about it.
DrWho2002

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I refuse to acknowledge the title of Patlabor in WXIII... They shouldn't have called it Patlabor at all. I prefer to call it "Crazy Woman Makes Fish". Laughing
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:49 pm Reply with quote
DrWho2002 wrote:
I refuse to acknowledge the title of Patlabor in WXIII... They shouldn't have called it Patlabor at all. I prefer to call it "Crazy Woman Makes Fish". Laughing

Laughing Good one! Although, maybe it should be called "Crazy-Woman-makes-love-child-of-the-Alien-Queen-and-Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon... and yeah, the Patlabor's will show up for 5 minutes"
king_micah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Ai Yori Aoshi was a let down after the first few episodes. My friends and I ended up skiping many episodes to get back to the main plot. The filler was nasty and I hope stays away from the second season.
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:51 am Reply with quote
I think Escaflowne movie was the most hyped that disappointed me terribly. The other one being Evangelion. I just didn't care too much about it.

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4