• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rumor or Truth

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ewokia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I've recently returned from living in Japan and I heard a rumor that President Bush is banning Anime. So far with all the resources I could find, I have yet to find a creditable source that says this is true. Is this true or not. And if so, could someone give me a link!
Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mister_Slick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
HAS to be full of it. There's no chance in hell they can ban anime. Not even the US can impose that sort of censorship. Even if they could, why would they?

If, on the other hand, a certain series was banned for incredibly violent/sexual content, then that would be far more believable. But to ban an entire genre would be ridiculous, and more hassle than it's worth. The legal implications would be far too great; the world of anime is far too profitable too cut, and rest assured, businesses thriving on anime would fight back.
zathriel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quote
i doubt bush has learned yet how to turn a t.v. on let alone what anime is Laughing
Jih2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to nitpick but anime is a medium. No, Bush is not banning anime in the US that petition is quite old.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1