• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help with two cast entries for Persona 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Persona 4 Animation

I've got the Japanese credits pulled up, and am trying to enter the rest of the episode's cast, but I've run into problems on 2 of them.

One is Igor, who I did enter in, but he's got extra info, and I wasn't sure how to enter it. After his name in the credits is "(特別出演)", which appears to translate as "Special Performance." His Japanese wikipedia page lists it as "Library Performance." Given that he passed away in January, I'm assuming that this means that they're using his dialogue from the game as archival clips, and wasn't sure if it should be entered as a precision or not.

The second is for Saki Konishi, whom is credited as "なかせひな". ANN's encyclopedia has a Hina Nakase entered, but her name is written "中瀬ひな", so I'm not entirely sure if they're the same person. Saki's seiyuu's Japanese Wikipedia Page does have something regarding ANN's Hina's name, but I can't read it. If someone could clarify if they're the same person or not, I can get the info added (and if they're not the same person, help with creating the new person?).
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it is definitely the same Hina Nakase. Wikipedia appears to note she used to use to be credited as the name we have her as currently, but that she goes by the all-hiragana form name now. Looking at her blog, she notes her Persona 4 role and also has a link to the Lump of Sugar website. She has a role in all of their games, and the Tayutama credit listed now is one she reprised from one of those games. So, it seems there is little doubt they're the same person.

As far as Tanonaka goes, I would just use the precision listed in the credits ("special performance"). I assume the same as you that it probably means they used archival clips.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll get those fixed, then. And how do we put the change to the all-hiragana name?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Thanks, I'll get those fixed, then. And how do we put the change to the all-hiragana name?

I've hidden the old name, added her new name, and since Japanese Wikipedia gives a date for her name change, I added that information as Chronology.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
Cool.

I also added explanation of the "special performance" to the trivia page.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1