• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How much do you hate anime adoption of manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack781217

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
This does not apply to all the anime...

As we are all aware of, many anime are adoption os manga, especially the popular one like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. Fans of these series may find it frustrating to have fillers, since they are just there to wait for the manga to be drawn. In some case, the fillers may affect the main storyline a little, but overall, the storyline remains the same as the artist/author intends them to be...

Now...my real complain comes in anime such as Shaman King, Rurouni Kenshin, and Spiral ~Suiri no Kizuna~. Why? Because that only do they have fillers, they also have their own endings that are different from the manga! The main reason of having their own endings is that by the time the anime are made, the manga are still far from finished, and they just couldn't wait...

Take Shaman King for example.
spoiler[ The anime finished first airing in 2002, two years before the manga was finished. They therefore have to assign an ending to the anime. The anime ends with Yoh defeating Hao with the "power of every other shamans", which couldn't be more hackneyed... If you have read the manga, you should know that the real storyline goes far beyond this, with the involvement of the patch, the third power, the other four spirits, and a totally unexpected ending... There are so many good stuff that is not in the anime.]

Wow...that's kind of hard to follow...I hope I get my point expressed... Remember that this doesn't apply to all the anime. I guess it's just the characteristics of the older anime. Now those companies have enough mercy to make fillers to that they can wait for the real storyline...(That's right, Be thankful for the filler!)

Last edited by jack781217 on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
oslapedo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Okay...
what about the evil that is the Fullmetal Alchemist anime? It veered way off from the manga, and had its own ending as well. Ahhhh, I can't see why people prefer the Fma anime over the (orgiinal) manga. Imo, the manga is way better. Period.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Could you please use spoiler tags? Not everyone is familar with Shaman King and I'm not thrilled that I just read how the anime ends seeing as how I haven't watched the entire series. Thanks.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35790&start=0

This might be what you're looking for.
jack781217

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
aww...I suppose then this thread is going to be locked...anyway...I'll still put the spoiler tag there...
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
jack781217 wrote:
aww...I suppose then this thread is going to be locked...anyway...I'll still put the spoiler tag there...

Thanks for doing that. I wasn't trying to be rude there are just quite a few people (including myself) who aren't crazy about spoilers. Just remember to be careful in future posts. Very Happy .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1