• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sony Rolls Out Limited Edition PlayStation 5 Pro to Mark 30th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkJak2050

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:14 pm Reply with quote
If the regular PS5 Pro is $699 USD, I wonder how much this is going to cost...

$999 USD? $1499 USD? $1999 USD?...

At those prices, you'd be better off getting a Gaming Desktop!!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:48 am Reply with quote
I know that this is for Playstation's 30th anniversary, but I'm a bit disappointed that they chose to don PS1 themed stuff again. The PS4 had some ten years ago, so I would have liked to see PS2 theming. The controller could be black with the multi-colored faced buttons instead of the monochrome, and the touch pad could be a dark grey since it's basically the select button. The PS button could be that silver color they used to print 'Sony' on the controllers, or possibly blue like the PS2 logo when a game booted.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:17 pm Reply with quote
You know what, if this had been a standard PS5, I might very well have brought it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:29 pm Reply with quote
DarkJak2050 wrote:
If

$999 USD? $1499 USD? $1999 USD?...

It’ll most likely be the same price or 50-80 dollars extra.

The price for the anniversary non pro digital edition is supposedly going to be the same as the original digital version.

Greed1914 wrote:
I know that this is for Playstation's 30th anniversary, but I'm a bit disappointed that they chose to don PS1 themed stuff again. The PS4 had some ten years ago, so I would have liked to see PS2 theming. The controller could be black with the multi-colored faced buttons instead of the monochrome, and the touch pad could be a dark grey since it's basically the select button. The PS button could be that silver color they used to print 'Sony' on the controllers, or possibly blue like the PS2 logo when a game booted.

To be fair the 2 and 3 were black, Sony already sells Dual Sense,Headsets, & console covers also in black.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:24 am Reply with quote
Can only hope it doesn't sell. SIE are out of hand this generation. They can rot.
Kalisia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:58 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
You know what, if this had been a standard PS5, I might very well have brought it.

There is a base-model 'non pro' version of this 30th anniversary console, although sans disk drive unfortunately...unless that's what you meant!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1