• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! Games Remove 2 Songs by Pusu Following Attempted Murder of Teena

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thulebox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Holy... wait "Teenage Girlfriend" and he's 30. Best case of meaning here is still ringing alarm bells to me depending on how long they've dating. I really hope she's gonna be alright after this and gets the support she needs.
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so a pedo and an attempted murderer too. Well, that’s super messed up.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Jesus christ, I really hope she's ok
Smongo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tuyu was responsible for the ending theme song for Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown.

Holy Shit! Looking back at Tokyo Revengers during that arc with the main plot of the Shiba family w/ Hakkai’s brother, Taiju, being human garbage to him and his sister, Yuzuha, including beating the crap out of Yuzuha and during the ending animation w/ Yuzuha running away and panicking compared to this situation w/ the attempted murder and possible abuse; this is a very creepy and very unsettling coincidence a year and a half later. Hope he sent to prison for a long time.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Anyway, we are dealing with a psycho, and that is bad as is. The fact that the girlfriend is underage adds a layer of WTF to the situation, though.

PS: I suspect this forum is gonna get cleaned up sooner or later. Might be for the best, honestly.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Hope the girl will be ok.

I will miss When the Morning Glory Falls ...it was one of my favorite Leo need songs and one of the easiest too full combo on master.
Still can listen to it on their Sekai volume 2 album though
Betty Sue Dubroski

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Why are people focusing on the age technicality argument and not the murder suicide attempt. Shocked That's the biggest thing to me and I'm glad she was able to get out of there.
The_Daytona_500

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Betty Sue Dubroski wrote:
Why are people focusing on the age technicality argument and not the murder suicide attempt. Shocked That's the biggest thing to me and I'm glad she was able to get out of there.

I would assume because it's extremely old news and most people already knew about it.
Glordit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:46 am Reply with quote
18 and 19 are still teenagers but are classified as adults. No one knows any of the details anyway. They could have been consenting for all we know. Attempted murder is also a serious crime but let's just ignore that and focus on the age difference.
Mami-kouga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:10 am Reply with quote
No body has any business dating an 18-19 year old in their 30s.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:32 am Reply with quote
When the news first broke, it already included information about the girlfriend's general age range, along with Pusu's own age, so none of the information presented here is new, and has been around for weeks in certain fan circles.

For more context, the band Tuyu has actually been on the verge of breakup for a while now, and Pusu has previously been displaying extremely erratic behavior both online and off. This behavior had escalated to the point that the pianist for the band miro had already announced his "graduation" from the band prior to this, and the band itself had left their record label Pony Canyon. A lot of Tuyu fans had already seen the writing on the wall, but none of them expected it to end, well, like this.

And, for the record, Pusu's songs are being removed from more than just Project Sekai. His songs are being removed from basically every single rhythm game imaginable, including, but not limited to, every single Bemani game, maimai, CHUNITHM, and O.N.G.E.K.I (aka the other Sega rhythm games).
Velluekk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:41 am Reply with quote
Betty Sue Dubroski wrote:

I feel the same way. It's surprising how many opinions are formed without all the information.
Velluekk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:49 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
18 and 19 are still teenagers but are classified as adults. No one knows any of the details anyway. They could have been consenting for all we know. Attempted murder is also a serious crime but let's just ignore that and focus on the age difference.

I guess ages 18-19 are not adults but minors.
Velluekk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:56 am Reply with quote
Suxinn wrote:
When the news first broke, it already included information about the girlfriend's general age range, along with Pusu's own age, so none of the information presented here is new, and has been around for weeks in certain fan circles.

For more context, the band Tuyu has actually been on the verge of breakup for a while now, and Pusu has previously been displaying extremely erratic behavior both online and off. This behavior had escalated to the point that the pianist for the band miro had already announced his "graduation" from the band prior to this, and the band itself had left their record label Pony Canyon. A lot of Tuyu fans had already seen the writing on the wall, but none of them expected it to end, well, like this.

And, for the record, Pusu's songs are being removed from more than just Project Sekai. His songs are being removed from basically every single rhythm game imaginable, including, but not limited to, every single Bemani game, maimai, CHUNITHM, and O.N.G.E.K.I (aka the other Sega rhythm games).

I want to know why he wants to murder his girlfriend.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:56 am Reply with quote
"teenage girlfriend"

Red flags everywhere. So we have a pedo AND an attempted murder.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2