• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Blue Archive Has Most Booths at Comic Market 104

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turtleboy76

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Im not surprised. Fate use to be the big one, every day there are new Blue Archive doujin on all the naughty sites.
Aerdra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Blue Archive had no presence at Comiket 102.

Blue Archive didn't have its own genre code at C102, but it accounted for 894 of 1716 entries under code 312 "Games (Net Social)". That was notable enough for it to get its own genre code (336) at C103.

Also keep in mind that code 222 "VTuber" means all VTubers and thus encompasses multiple IPs. No other single franchise had even half the entries that Blue Archive had.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to know what the actual percentage was. It might be misleading to say this franchise got the most booths (like it's probably less than 50%). I'm guessing around 20-25%

Turtleboy76 wrote:
Im not surprised. Fate use to be the big one, every day there are new Blue Archive doujin on all the naughty sites.
Also Fate doesn't have it's own code, they use the code for Type-Moon for anything Fate.
Greboruri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:41 pm Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
I'd like to know what the actual percentage was. It might be misleading to say this franchise got the most booths (like it's probably less than 50%). I'm guessing around 20-25%

There is no way in hell any franchise would take up 25% of the tables at Comiket, let alone half. Going off the spreadsheet of the genres in in the original tweet, Blue Archive accounts for barely over 8% of all tables. Comiket, and more broadly doujin culture is far more than self published books on popular works.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Yes over 20% is a gross overestimation, but that's my point. To say one title "has most booths" can be misleading. So even a seemingly small percentage like 8% amounts to well over 1500 circles (probably more than Type-Moon ever got).
Aerdra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:20 pm Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
I'd like to know what the actual percentage was. It might be misleading to say this franchise got the most booths (like it's probably less than 50%).

There were 23,858 total spaces at C104. Blue Archive occupied 1922 spaces, or about 8%. It's not misleading to say they had the most booths at C104 when they outnumbered every other individual IP by a large margin. (Perhaps you meant to say that they didn't have a majority of booths, but it's virtually impossible for any individual IP to take over more than half of a convention as diverse as Comiket.)

ChirashiD wrote:
(probably more than Type-Moon ever got)

The so-called "Big Three" of Comiket - TYPE-MOON (code 221), Touhou Project (code 234), KanColle (code 331) - had put up even larger numbers at one point. Who knows, maybe Blue Archive can join them in the future (fingers crossed).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1