• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro' Manga Ends in 3 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiggity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Since the manga is ending, Season 3 when? lol
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Hell of a manga.
Hell of a run.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I am honestly devastated. Now that they were together, it felt like the manga was entering a new phase but these recent chapters are now more like "the epilogue".
lealex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I see quite a few manga are ending nowadays.
theEugAbides

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I had just started reading this from begining maybe a month ago I've been power reading through it on my way to work every morning and it really felt like it was getting to it's final storylines! Oh I have so loved this manga and the anime it had inspired, after catching up past season 2 I've been loving it so much and can't wait to get to the finale although I will be sad
Smongo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, I remembered when both Uzaki and Nago broke the internet when their respective anime’s 1st seasons were about to/started to premiere. Good times. Can’t believe Nago is coming to an end. Uzaki will follow suit but what a great run and truly rememberable.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Hard to believe it's ending.

spoiler[I was really hoping for more content with them as a couple.]
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:02 am Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I am honestly devastated. Now that they were together, it felt like the manga was entering a new phase but these recent chapters are now more like "the epilogue".

I think that's just the way things go with stories based on a will-they-won't-they romance. After "they will" all the tension is gone.
Netero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:08 am Reply with quote
Dr. Wily wrote:
I think that's just the way things go with stories based on a will-they-won't-they romance. After "they will" all the tension is gone.

I'd much rather it ended that way than continue and have to keep on adding DRAMA in order to stop things getting into a rut.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:55 am Reply with quote
Dr. Wily wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

I disagree. There are too many manga within the last few years that came out with stories continuing after the couple got together for me to think that there is nothing left to write.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:30 am Reply with quote
For example, "You and I are polar opposites" main characters started dating in chapter #1 and the series is still good.

In most of cases is that the writer is not that good outside the "chase" . At least it's not a Bokuben, where the author kept the story alive by making alternative routes for every "Best Girl".
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:05 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
For example, "You and I are polar opposites" main characters started dating in chapter #1 and the series is still good.

In most of cases is that the writer is not that good outside the "chase" . At least it's not a Bokuben, where the author kept the story alive by making alternative routes for every "Best Girl".

Tonikaku Kawaii literally started with marriage, and has run for 6 years now.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:16 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:

It's certainly possible to write a good series based upon relationship drama, but shifting from a will-they-won't-they plot to relationshipping is hard. Look at what happened to Kimi ni Todoke after the main couple got together -- you have multiple volumes of Sawako and Kazehaya angsting about whether to hold hands because that's the only story the author's comfortable with. I think it's much better when the author says, "I've taken this story as far as it'll go. It's time to end things even if it is incredibly popular.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1