• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Stitch to Reunite with Lilo on 3rd Stitch TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
*cue high-pitched squeal of delight*

They're not only bringing Lilo into the anime, but we're getting an older Lilo??!?!?

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT That girl better be convincingly in-character.

Aw man, I hope they also mention Nani everything. Does anyone know if/when this series is airing on U.S. Disney? I haven't payed attention to Disney channel in years. Only recently have I been watching Phineas and Ferb, and I haven't' seen any commercials for Stitch on those episodes.
GeekyBlackGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
LOL. Phineas and Ferb is a cool series. Its about the only animated series I enjoy on Disney right now. I would love to see this, though.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:

They're not only bringing Lilo into the anime, but we're getting an older Lilo??!?!?

Oh, it's five years apart in real time, but it doesn't look like it'll be that long in story time.
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Disney has picked up any of the Stitch! anime series so I doubt this one will get picked up.

I loved the original movie. Has anyone watched any of these? Are they any good?
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
machetecat wrote:

Oh, it's five years apart in real time, but it doesn't look like it'll be that long in story time.
...I say boo to this....
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
well that sounds interesting.. but you know whats would be better an episode answering why Disney hasn't aired this in the states yet..but has aired it in Austrellia, English speaking parts of Asia & the U.K. ( I had heard it may come stateside this year, but yea.
DrizzlingEnthalpy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Wait, wait, I'm confused. I saw a fansub of the first episode of the first Stitch! anime a while back, and it seemed pretty clear that this was an alternate continuity. I later read that the English dub altered the story to make it out to be a sequel, but... doesn't that... not affect Japan?
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
They were seperated?
Had no idea, but this sounds cute. I might wanna see this part (even though the only Lilo & Stitch related thing I've seen was the original movie)

I might get a little lost watching it, but whatever Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT That girl better be convincingly in-character.

Aw man, I hope they also mention Nani everything. Does anyone know if/when this series is airing on U.S. Disney? I haven't payed attention to Disney channel in years. Only recently have I been watching Phineas and Ferb, and I haven't' seen any commercials for Stitch on those episodes.

Took all the words right out of my mouth, comrade.

I'd adore an older Lilo and Nani, so now I'll be crossing my fingers for this episode.

I've personally had no contact with the franchise since sometime after the American TV series first aired, since I didn't like it so much. For me, the series consists of the 1st movie, and a few standalones in the TV series department. Embarassed
So I'm anxious to see what the Japanese producers have done with my favorite little blue alien.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ya guys don't know about Lilo & Stitch on a Disney channel?! Boy, ya guys don't do much, y'know. Laughing
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
atunderdogk wrote:
I don't think Disney has picked up any of the Stitch! anime series so I doubt this one will get picked up.

They have with the first series but it suffered the same fate as Powerpuff Girls Z as that it got a bad hackdub with different voice actors & it has aired everywhere but North America.

Info: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263263
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1