• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What series shall I get?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetsuo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:10 pm Reply with quote
What series shall I get.I already have Gundam Wing,Neon Genesis Evangelion,Guyver and have started getting Blue Gender but still I crave for more.I was thinking either Crest of the Stars,Serial Experiments Lain or Cowboy bebop.Which of these is best?or if you have any other suggestions please tell me.
animeat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:25 pm Reply with quote
some really good anime;

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Trigun
3. Excel Saga
4. Rurouni Kenshin
6. Serial Experiments Lain
7. Otaku No Video
8. Video Girl Ai [though short, manga is better]
9. Ah! My Goddess [also short]
10. Martian Successor Nadesico
11. Hand Maid May
12. FLCL [aka Fooly Cooly, Furi Kuri]
13. His and her circumstances
14. Robotech [try to find the subs though, more story]

that's just of fthe top of my head, but there are tons more that are really good...

15. Ninja Scroll
16. Wings of Honaimse [hmmm forget spelling]
17. most anything by Ghibli Studios:
- Naussica of the Valley of Wind
- Princess Mononoke
- Porco Rosso
- Grave of the Fireflies

think that's the most I can think of right now...
Tetsuo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks.I only needed series mind you,I have plenty on the movie front.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:39 pm Reply with quote
OK...since you're going for series, I'm not gonna recommend any one-DVD shows...so here goes: (in no particular order other than off the top of my head)

Trigun
Ranma 1/2
Cowboy Bebop (though I like Trigun better)
Outlaw Star
Ah! My Goddess (also seen as Oh! My Goddess)
The Adventures of the Mini-Goddesses (from the Ah! My Goddess series, but different)

His & Her Cirumstances (Kare Kano) is awesome, but the DVDs have been delayed with no release date at this moment Sad But everyone NEEDS this title when it finally comes out Wink

ummm...that's a good starting point...Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:42 pm Reply with quote
animeat wrote:

16. Wings of Honaimse [hmmm forget spelling]

Wings of Honneamise
Do NOT buy this DVD!!! It sucks majorly!!! (Not the content....the actual visuals) There are "ghosts" everywhere. Anytime the characters move, there are actually ghost of their movements. It was a true disappointment. I haven't heard of the DVDs being fixed...if they fixed the problem, then I'd say go for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
animeat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:17 pm Reply with quote
couple more [series]

- Record of Lodoss War [there's the OVA and the tv series, I wouldn't recommend the tv series, the ova series was much better]
- Urusei Yatsura
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:49 pm Reply with quote
animeat wrote:

- Urusei Yatsura

Heck, anything from Rumiko is good. She does a range of comedy, action, drama, and clut. Ranma, Urusei Yatsura, Masion Ikkoku, Rumik Theaters, and Inu Yasha (You have to wait a bit for it.) Other good series, Tenchi Muyo, Vandread, Gatekeepers, Dragonball ((Z is good, but not as good as the orginal) on DVD, the subtitle is 100 times better.), Bubblegum Crisis, Love Hina, and Vampire Princess Miyu.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:08 am Reply with quote
Tetsuo wrote:

What series shall I get.I already have Gundam Wing,Neon Genesis Evangelion,Guyver and have started getting Blue Gender but still I crave for more.I was thinking either Crest of the Stars,Serial Experiments Lain or Cowboy bebop.Which of these is best?or if you have any other suggestions please tell me.

Out of those three I'd go with Cowboy Bebop all the way. One of the best shows ever made for television. Period.
Hypnotic Specter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I agree, out of those I would get Cowboy Beebop too. But you should check out some of these too.
Berserk
Kenshin
Kenshin Ova
Trigun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cgoten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop, Ranma ½, Love Hina, Trigun, Evangelion, Escaflowne are good. I've heard Excel Saga and Hellsing are good too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
animeat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Excel Saga is hilarious, and then after you watch all that you gotta see Puni Puni Poemi, it's a spin-off of Excel Saga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1