• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any characters who remind you of people you know?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senshi Mizaka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Talk about anime characters who look or act like people you know, and give a description. You can also talk about yourself.

I'm like Chad (Bleach), since I kind of look like him, but with short hair. I'm big, but let people walk all over me. And I can be like Al from Fullmetal Alchemist, since I'm tall, sensetive, and have a soft spot for cats :3.

Shino (Naruto): I know someone in my photography class who has the same hairstyle.

Wrath (Fullmetal Alchemist): My friend's younger sister. One minute, she's cute and innocent. But when you turn around for one second, she's pure evil!
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote
I think this is a little hard to believe, but my brother is like the real life Souske Sagara (Full Metal Panic Fummofu) - but with BB guns instead of real ones.
When I first watched the show , I asked him about what he would do in a few situations that Souske gets into, for example, at the beginning of the first episode where he finds that his locker has been tampered with. My brother didn't even know this show existed when I asked him what he would do, and he replied "blow it up, that's the best way to deal with the unknown".
After watching the show, he loves it and thinks of it as a way of testing his own logic against Souskes Shocked
I'm being totally serious here Laughing

There'll be more when I can think of them Very Happy
Senshi Mizaka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Nami: (One Piece) My Geometry last year teacher looked almost exactly like Nami does in the more recent One Piece chapters. The only difference is she has brown instead of orange hair. She also had the same ill-tempered, then calm attitude.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Almost all of the tenants from Maison Ikkoku remind me of people I've met before, scarily enough. I swear I've had a math tutor that has Yotsuya vibes to him. Shocked And my mom is almost exactly like Kyoko.
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Ummmm....Shouji from Naruto because I'm not THAT skinny Laughing. Well, is there any anime characters (guys) that are shy around girls but is funny and athletic and secretely loves someone who will never return the feelings?
TwinSkies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote
There was a cosplayer here in the Philippines that was a dead-ringer for Saito Hajime in Rurouni Kenshine, down to the cheeckbones, leg build, hairstyle and the way he walked!

Laughing
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Actually, one of my closer friends reminds me very very much of Harhui from The Melancholy of Harhui Suzumiya. She even almost looks the part, coupled with the fact that she is loud and noisy, bouncy too, just like Harhui. haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Senshi Mizaka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I know this one girl who acts alot like Ed from Cowboy Bebop. She's hyper, and says random things all the time.
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Senshi Mizaka wrote:
I know this one girl who acts alot like Ed from Cowboy Bebop. She's hyper, and says random things all the time.

haha gotta love Ed...without her i really doubt i would have finished cowboy bebop (which after finishing i realize that would have been a bad idea)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maken Buster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Actually, when I saw Samurai Champloo's Jin he immediately reminded me of a friend of mine...no name's, though. They're both reserved, well spoken, polite, have long hair and my friend actually teaches Kenjutsu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1