• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tonight's FMA episode

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
space clam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Since when did they start using a different opener? I know that's the "normal" opener and all, but I though [as] liked to pick only one opener and roll with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
Asian Kung Fu Generation is on Sony's label.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
space clam wrote:
Since when did they start using a different opener? I know that's the "normal" opener and all, but I though [as] liked to pick only one opener and roll with it.

They made a deal with Tofu Records to air it to publisize Asian Kungfu Generation
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quote
I thought they only stuck with the second opening in the first place was because Sony insisted that they play it because they were promoting L'Arc at the time. It's kinda sucky really, they should just run all the openings as they are.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:13 am Reply with quote
Dude I had to tape it at 2 in the morning the channel was out until I decided to just go to sleep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
I missed it can someone explain the episode for me real quick (with spoiler tags of course)???
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Since someone did the same favor for me a couple of weeks ago:

spoiler[Al starts to turn black after being turned into a bomb. Scar tries to save him by infusing his tattooed right arm into Ed, all the while having words with Lust, then the two run off. Meanwhile, Mustang, Hawkeye, and Armstrong find Archer, Tucker, and some chimeras in an underground room. Archer sics them on the trio while he and Tucker escapes. Meanwhile, Ed scraps with Wrath and the other homonculous who looks like his mother (Sloth?) to protect Rose. He forces the latter to reveal her "true" humonculous form and has a few words with her about him being responsible for her existence, then uses alchemy to trap them while he and Rose make their escape. He gets Rose out to meet the others Leorans and sends them off to safety while he goes back to deal with the military. Oh, and Rose has her voice back

Archer has rejoined the military, though, and sends the troops into Leor after Scar despite Ed's efforts to stop him. Lust and Scar save each other but Scar gets badly wounded in the process. He falls on the array he has drawn, activating it and converting Archer and all of the soldiers. A horrified Ed throws up a barrier to keep soldiers who haven't gone in out of it. When all is said and done, Ed finds Al and discovers that Scar's efforts have turned Al into a walking Philosopher's stone! Lust cannot approach because Scar also put into Al the medallion that keeps Lust at bay, so she walks off.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Ya know I this is the third time that I've written a damm thank you note to Key for his/her summary of FMA the other night. If there is a rule where you can't friggin thank people for their courtesy please explain it to me.

But Anyway for the third time thank you for the summary Key
Jesus...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
If there is a rule where you can't friggin thank people for their courtesy please explain it to me.

One would figure it'd fall under the "one-line posts that do not contribute to the thread's discussion" rule. And generally, when a post is deleted, it's not considered a good idea to recreate it exactly a second or third time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
It's not always easy to tell when a post is deleted. There's no notification, nor any mark to show where it had been. I know I;ve had perfectly reasonable posts "vanished", and been genuinely wondering whether that was before a mod had decided to mess with it, or because I'd forgotten to hit "submit", or there had been some network issue, or what.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1