• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How reliable is animenation.com now days?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dboypr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering how reliable the web ordered from them this week but I truly don't feel very comfortable since is my first time ordering from them, I heard they used to be good but that was way back, just wanted to have an update on their service in 2011. Thanks
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
The only issues I have ever had with them was shipping was a bit slow. They are a well trusted company that sells anime. Also if you have any issues with your order you can call them and they usually are very helpful. Not sure what makes you feel uncomfortable about the site.

I've actually found some really good deals from them. There DVD selection isnt the greatest or really any cheaper then competitors, but stuff like apparel and little stuff like figures and wall scrolls and some other random stuff are often better then you can find many other online stores.

Though stay away from their rental service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dboypr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the response. The only thing that I felt uncomfortable with was that I haven't received any emails or anything about my order. But thanks for letting me know now I feel more relax since someone has vouched for them. Do you happen to now if the stuff that they post on their website is actually in stock, I bought somethings that I couldn't find anywhere else.
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote
The only stuff that I know of that may not be in stock are their deals they have but other then that I think you should be ok. If you have any concerts just give them a call, They seem to respond slower with email then when you call. They are usually very helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dboypr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I called them and everything was ok, the only thing i dont like about their store or any other store that does the same is not post when an item is in stock or backordered since half of what i order was not in stock. But at least i was able to get a hold of them, so thanks for the info.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1