• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu Yu Hakusho Season one mix up?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inuyasharox4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I just bought the Yu Yu Hakusho season one bundle that has four discs and I have run into a problem: Disc 1 is the same as disc 3 and disc 2 is the same as disc 4. The first 14 episodes are not there, and I have double copies of 15 - 28. Is anyone else running into this problem?
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
l heard this was common.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
I didn't feel like opening up another thread, so I'll just post my question here- I learned that the new YYH season sets don't have the alternate angles option, which is kinda of a problem for me because the series changes endings on episode 30 in the Japanese version, but the English version stays with the first ending.

The alternate angles option on the 2-disc sets lets this happen, but without them I'm curious to know if FUNi changes the ending sequence on the lone angle at ep. 30, or do they keep the first ending?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zhir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm 99% sure that the season sets are the two disc sets re-labeled. The disc menus for the first season indicate that I'm right.

I got a set missing the first 14 as well. It's common, just exchange it.

Edit: Just checked, the DVDs do have alternate angles.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
They...do? Damn, guess my source was wrong. Last time I ask an industry rep about their own product. >.>

Thanks for the answer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure what you the whole 2 disk thing your talking about is. I have Season One of Yu Yu Hauksho and it is 4 discs with all 28 episodes on it. As for the missing episode problem, I haven't had this. Though my copy does have this weird thing were the last listed episode of disc one is not there and is actually on disc two. But that's not really a problem for me.
zhir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
I'm not sure what you the whole 2 disk thing your talking about is. I have Season One of Yu Yu Hauksho and it is 4 discs with all 28 episodes on it. As for the missing episode problem, I haven't had this. Though my copy does have this weird thing were the last listed episode of disc one is not there and is actually on disc two. But that's not really a problem for me.

The season box sets are old 2 disc, 14 episode sets combined and stuck in a box.

The last episode on next disc things is perfectly normal. It's an issue with the packaging, not the disc.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
I'm not sure what you the whole 2 disk thing your talking about is. I have Season One of Yu Yu Hauksho and it is 4 discs with all 28 episodes on it.

I should have been clearer in my post. Anime hyper Before the first season set came out, YYH was released in 2-disc sets. I had collected 3 of these and I wanted to know if the new season sets had the 2nd ending starting on ep. 30 or if they continued with the first ending.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was quite lost.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1