• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] I've got a bag of chips..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:13 pm Reply with quote
So, I'm working tonight.

I've eaten nothing today, so I'm a tad hungry.

...So I make a quick run to one of the PSU-owned and operated convenience stores.

inside, see a can of pringles.

Mmm. Pringles. Haven't had'em in forever. *snags a can*

But I'm thirsty too.

So I start looking towards the sodas on the wall, when i see French Onion Sun Chips. I haven't had sunchips in forever, so I grab a bag of them, too.

I then head to the checkout counter and pay for my assorted goods. I then head back to the computer labs.

when i realize i didn't get anything to drink.

oh well, i'll just grab a soda on the way back...

but then, as I begin to chow down on my bounty of chips... the nutrition facts catch my eye:

(1 serving each)
pringles: 11g of Fat, 3g of saturated fat, 160 calories (90 from fat)
sun chips: 6g of Fat, .5g of saturated fat, 140 calories (60 from fat)

there are 6 servings of pringles in this container, and 9 in the sunchips bag.

that means, were i to eat all the pringles, i'd have 102% of my daily value of fat, 180% of my daily value of saturated fat, and 960 calories.

if i were to eat all the sunchips, i'd have 83% of my DV of fat, a reasonable 23% of saturdated fat, and _1260_ calories. O_o

Anyone want some? I suddenly find myself not wanting to finish these chips. There are about 4 servings-worth of pringles, and 6 servings-worth of sunchips left.

(this has been a patent-pending Off-Topic CookiePost. Thank you for your reading.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arc Ressiv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:29 am Reply with quote
You could give them to me; I mean I am pretty close, plus I am running low on the jar of peanut butter I have been eating with a spoon for the last two days...
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:56 am Reply with quote
Hey, I don't mind helping out a little. As it happens, I'm just feeling a craving for something salty and the convenience store next door is closed.

*grabs 1 serving of pringles*

*munch munch*

Hmmmm... oishii Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
nagash

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:40 am Reply with quote
More proof that you should never go shopping when you're hungry! You never buy what you originally intended and what you do wind up buying is almost never 'healthy'.
~squeak.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:45 am Reply with quote
...Or you can just send them to me, I need something to celebrate with as I am having the last day of my computer classes today after all.

That is, if you are ready to send them all that way... I have a random obscure brand of cola awaiting for something more solid to go with it.

Hmm... had to disable a censorship proxy to get here today... Confused.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:04 am Reply with quote
A can of Pringles $2.00
A bottle of soda $1.40
A bag Sun Chips $3.50

Reading the nutrition chart out of pure boredom and finding that they have too much fat. Painful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:05 am Reply with quote
Of course, you know those daily value things aren't really all that accurate. They take a "standard" body weight and whatnot and go off of that. So if you don't fit the "standard," it's kinda meaningless.

And I figure, we're all gonna die sometime. Might as well enjoy the food you're eating while you can still eat it!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
FallenAngelFish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:34 am Reply with quote
Bleah, no thank you. The other day at work I got desperate andate from the bag of doritos that someone brought in (and some hershey's kisses that a student brought in as a gift for us, but it had almonds! That's nutritous!) Ugh, bad idea. I didn't eat a whole lot but I was feeling barfy in no time.

Oddly enough though, some of the horses like them...then again one of horses has tried to eat the plastic off of the little electrical box, so I guess they don't exactly have the most discriminating tastes...maybe they'll want the sun chips.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:26 am Reply with quote
I used to weigh in at a chart-topping 230 pounds, and when I decided to lose weight I looked at the fat content of the food I eat. OMG! No wonder people are such veal calves; common food is stuffed with fat. I just stopped eating crap that was full of fat, and I'm down to a more appropriate body wieght. Not carrying around a bunch of extra flab feels so much better than porking out on fatty food.

Not that I don't ever yeald to temptation. It's just a matter of not overindulging every day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Ration the Pringles, cheif, ration the pringles!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1