• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - What Manga Should Become Anime Next?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:30 am Reply with quote
As for series not listed in the article, I would say:

Always a Catch
Housekeeper (manhwa)
A Delinquent's Life Hacks
Blooming Love
My Awkward Senpai
Rooming with a Gamer Gal
My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile
Cheat Mode Farming in Another World
Unholy Blood (manhwa)
Vampeerz
Sachi's Monstrous Appetite
My Divorced Crybaby Neighbor
Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl

And for further seasons:

Yona of the Dawn
Shadows House
Aoashi
Love After World Domination
Heavenly Delusion
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I noticed 3 Yuri Hime titles listed here so of course I would choose those! Surprised

Though the tricky part is all those titles are completely finished which makes their chances of getting an anime a bit lower. But dang it, I would be curious to see Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii (I Love Your Cruddy...) adapted because I heard it gets psychologically messed up. Shocked
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hirayasumi is my favorite new manga, but I doubt it will ever get an anime. I also doubt A Side Character's Love Story will ever get one, either. If Honey Lemon Soda can get an anime, surely the Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity will also get one soon.

Still waiting for 3-Gatsu no Lion S3..... Sad
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:

Oh sure -- four volumes a cour is pretty typical, and the latest volume out in Japan is #10. It'll probably happen eventually; not many WSJ series make it past 100 chapters and end without getting an anime.

Oh, there are that many already? I just read it weekly, so didn't notice so many volumes were out.

Speaking of 100+ chapters getting animated, after a quick browse on SJ, it looks like Sakamoto Days really is one of the few without an announced adaptation. If Akane gets announced within the next year and or so Sakamoto Days still hasn't, you'd have to wonder what the story is there

Shay Guy wrote:

lol, completely forgot about that. Maybe it didn't stick since there's still no date for it yet... ^^;
Sasuke149

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 am Reply with quote
Not a manga but I really REALLY would like an anime adaptation of ORV. The books are too long, none of my friends even attempt to read them. And they are not webtoon people either. As for manga, a bit of an oldie but Bokura no Kiseki would make an excellent anime. For a second season: Houseki no Kuni, please.
Jinbei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:34 am Reply with quote
Akane-banashi really, REALLY deserves an anime. And even if they announced it now, it'd be like a year before it came out so the manga would reach 140+ chapters by that time so no need to worry about catching up too soon.

As for others... hmm... this might be a wild card but as Hiroaki Samura was done so dirty n the pacing of the "new" anime of Blade of the immortal, his lesser known story Harukaze no Yukionna would be cool to see. 1-2 volumes wouldn't be enough for a whole series but as a movie by some high-standard studio like I.G or Ufotable. It's set in early 30's Soviet Union.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 am Reply with quote
The best manga candidate that I've read for anime adaptation had been My Wife Has No Emotion by Jiro Sugiura but, now that it's getting an anime, the manga at the top of my list might just be False Child by Taku Kawamura, a wholesome magical slice-of-life tale about a tanuki who, wanting to play a trick on a couple of humans and steal their food, decides to disguise itself as a young girl it sees in a photograph, spoiler[not knowing that the photo is part of a shrine dedicated to their dead daughter who has now re-appeared before her parents, albeit with a bushy tail that the real daughter did not have]. Alas, it seems like chapter 20 will be the final chapter of this manga so I don't know if there's even enough source material for a single 12-episode cour (unless they pad it out a little with filler).

Most of the other manga that come to mind are much older manga like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Gunsmith Cats that got a few OVA episodes in the 1990s (into the early 2000s for YKK) but with volumes and volumes of source material left unanimated.

Manga that became "One-cour wonder" anime TV series that I would desperately love to see continued include WataMote (so I can finally see characters like spoiler[Yuri Tamura, Emiri Uchi, Masaki Yoshida, and Asuka Katou] animated spoiler[plus more of Hina Nemoto who technically appeared several times in the first season but she looked different compared to how she looks in the manga and she didn't yet have a well-defined personality beyond being Tomoko's classmate and Kotomi Komiyama who appeared for like three seconds in the never-officially-released-in-North-America OVA)], Gabriel DropOut, Flying Witch, and Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it about time for Yotsuba&! ?

Older Manga That Will Never Get an Anime Adaptation That I Would Nonetheless Like to See

Pretty Face by Yasuhiro Kano

Vampire Doll Guilt-Na-Zan by Erika Kari

Stray Little Devil by Kotaro Mori
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:52 am Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:

Pretty Face by Yasuhiro Kanoi

At this point, anything by Yasuhiro Kano should get an anime.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:34 am Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Isn't it about time for Yotsuba&!?

Yeah, its been nearly 2 decades. Azumanga Daioh gets one, but not this. Modern animation could work well for Yotsuba now, unless they go the same way Azumanga was, lol.

But yeah, series to continue on, like Yona of the Dawn, would be nice.

But yeah, as for the other posters have mentioned, a few of those could be potential titles for an adaptation, but for me in the modern era, and surprisingly no one has mentioned yet...Rooster Fighter! I'm serious, lol. (Even the manga's volume covers look very intimidating, lol.) But yeah, if manga series that takes a while, but has yet to get adaptations up to now, like Nagatoro and Plus-Sized Elf. Then I hope Rooster Fighter gets a chance.
Rob J.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Based on these comments, I'm really pleased that my decision to get the first two volumes of Sakamoto Days ... err, today during Vintage Stock's latest B2GO weekend sale seems to be the right one. I more or less did it blind purely on the basis of it being action-based -- not a pre-req, but I already had Komi volumes 3 and 4 in my stack and was looking for variety -- and the art being very appealing in the way that the Akira/Alita/Macross end of the anime/manga spectrum intersects with US superhero comics tastes quite nicely.
Honestly, I would like Chivalry of a Failed Knight to get a second season. It was a great gateway drug into anime for me. And if The Devil is a Part-Timer can get a second season a decade later, so should Chivalry. It's accessible and Ikki and Stella have a Nightwing & Starfire couplehood vibe that's fun to watch. And it's soft-SF in a Star Trek-compatible way and fantasy but not Isekei. It pushes all my buttons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3