• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2006 "Kuso Anime" nominated by 2Channelers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:00 am Reply with quote
OMFG, I have seen some of this "lengendary" Musashi now. This is the most genius piece of work I have ever seen. Something of this low of quality doesn't come unintentionally, I believe this was intentional. Also, I have not cried from laughter at something like this in a long, long time.

I am stuck on whether to give this anime a "Worst Ever" rating, or a "Masterpiece" rating. It's one of those things that's so absolutely horrible it is complete genius.

Experience the genius that is Gundoh Musashi!

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/5366/11509796789222uf.gif
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1769/11500267385723ja.gif
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6749/11481910329114xc.gif
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:24 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I am stuck on whether to give this anime a "Worst Ever" rating, or a "Masterpiece" rating. It's one of those things that's so absolutely horrible it is complete genius.

Wow, I think people may be agreeing with you. In the encyclopedia the series so far has 18 Masterpiece ratings vs 19 Worst Ever ratings, and 13 total votes evenly spread over every other rating. Talk about your love it or hate it. Although judging by the bars for each it would appear the "trustworthiness" is higher for those who voted Worst Ever than those for Masterpiece; it averages out to a median rating of Awful.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:45 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Cloe wrote:
I support the horridness of Musashi in every category it's nominated for! I've never been so appalled by an anime in all my life (although the lettuce from Yoake is absolutely terrible).

"He is being revived infront of Gandalfs very eyes!" "What, in front of me? Cool "

"OH GOD I DRANK TOO MUCH WINE" "CUT TIE!"

Gundoh Musashi seriously is some amazingly bad stuff. I'm hoping someone picks it up for release in the US, but knowing ADV (who'd probably be the only ones who'd buy it), they'd try and market it as some awesome Samurai Champloo meets Lupin the 3rd esque anime and not the amazingly horrible piece of shit that it actually is.

And you know what? In spite the crappy animation and almost nonexistent plot, I have a strange feeling this will get licensed like by FUNimation and be put on Adult Swim. Shocked

Imagine the title cards for that series! Laughing
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:38 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

Oh, that's nothing. Those are probably the best animated segments in the entire series, actually. Wink I've seen a shot where the animators forgot to finish drawing the arm of one of the characters.
I thought about giving it a "Masterpiece" rating, but I couldn't bear having it in the same company as my beloved Mind Game, so I went with my initial instinct and rated it "Worst Ever." I think if it were licensed, the show would benefit from some Ghost Stories/Samurai Pizza Cats-style dubbing, like the fan-dub Steven referred to. I would SO buy it, then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2