• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
My Best Buy Ghibli order came in.
BD/DVD combo packs of
The Secret World of Arrietty
Castle in the Sky
Whisper of the Heart

for just about the best price available right now + $5 Rewards certificate. I'm happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Very nice, SM, I'm mad jelly. I have used DVD copies of Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart, but I would dearly love the BDs of all three of those fine films. And I will have them. Eventually. (I don't mind the double dip because the used DVDs were, like, $5 each.)
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Remembered that I should probably pick up K-On BD 4, and to finish off the free shipping on Amazon, went ahead and added on Sailor Moon v. 5. I completely forgot that I didn't already have that one on preorder (I preordered 1-4 when they were first listed, but haven't done another batch of them just yet--need to get to that).
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
My double-dipped copies of The Secret World of Arrietty and Castle in the Sky came in today. They looks nice on the shelf next to my Nausicaa and Ponyo blus Smile However... the stickers on the slip covers make me angry Anime hyper Usually on slip covers (especially on Disney ones) the stickers come off like nothing. Now there's tons of sticky residue from the "combo pack" and "fresh rating" stickers :/
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:11 am Reply with quote
I rarely buy DVDs at B&M stores any more, but Target has Arrietty plus a few other Ghibli titles on sale with an extra $8 off if you buy something along with Arrietty.

So, on the way home today along with a couple half cases of diet Dr. Pepper and a bottle of salad dressing I grabbed:

The Secret World of Arrietty DVD/Bluray combo pack
Ponyo DVD/Bluray combo pack

These are 2 of the Ghibli movies I haven't seen yet, so I'm pretty happy to have them in my collection now.

Alan45 wrote:
You didn't go wrong. It is a fun show, has great music and a romance with adult characters. Also a different take on a vampire.

The vampire is PQC is great! That's such a fun show. I wish they had made a bit more of it.

Sheleigha wrote:
My double-dipped copies of The Secret World of Arrietty and Castle in the Sky came in today. They looks nice on the shelf next to my Nausicaa and Ponyo blus Smile However... the stickers on the slip covers make me angry Anime hyper Usually on slip covers (especially on Disney ones) the stickers come off like nothing. Now there's tons of sticky residue from the "combo pack" and "fresh rating" stickers :/

I just got done taking those same stickers off. They were bad, but the goo cleaned up really easily. This is a tip that often works:

When you peel a sticker off and it leaves residue behind, just dab at the residue with the sticky side of the sticker. Often that will grab the residue off the case, or in this situation the slip cover. I got all the goo off my copy of Arrietty easily with this method. If using the sticker doesn't work, a bit of scotch tape will usually do the job.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 am Reply with quote
Arggh, why the hell would there be any stickers actually on the slipcover as opposed to on the shrink wrapping? That's obnoxious. I'll be buying these online at some point, so I hope that means I won't have to deal with those stickers at all.
_Emi_

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:
So guys. You were wondering about that 25$ Nelliel I ordered. Well here it is. Yeah, it's bootleg. But it looks pretty damn nice right? What do ya think?

I think that you got your money's worth. Having the real thing really highlights how cheap the bootleg looks:

jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Another lonely purchase:
Princess Jellyfish DVD/BD Limited Edition

Neutral
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Amazon:

Art of Full Moon - Arina Tanemura Collection
I.O.N
Short Tempered Melancholic
Tsubasa 11

Trying to finish my Arina Tanemura collection. If only Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne wasn't out of print...
Eri94

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
_Emi_ wrote:
Eri94 wrote:
So guys. You were wondering about that 25$ Nelliel I ordered. Well here it is. Yeah, it's bootleg. But it looks pretty damn nice right? What do ya think?

I think that you got your money's worth. Having the real thing really highlights how cheap the bootleg looks:

[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/dumuhduh/IMG_0103.jpg[/img
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/dumuhduh/IMG_0105.jpg[/img

Well sure, the colors and fine details are a bit nicer on the real one, but you also paid 4x to 8x what I paid. For 25$, I can't really complain too much. The only people who would ever know it's fake anyway are the people into it like I am, of which I know none in real life.
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Yesterday and today, I added more anime to my collection. I got these from Amazon:

Full Metal Alchemist: The Complete First Season Viridian Collection Part 1 & 2
Ghost Sweeper Mikami Collection 2

I have the Full Metal Alchemist box sets from 2007 as well but I decided I wanted to sell them to save on space. If anyone, is interested send me a link. They have never been used.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
toaster_4hire

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Birthday splurge! I rarely do this kind of massive shopping ^^;

Anime:

- I Shall Never Return OVA
- Hetalia World Series: 3
- Tsubasa RC Box Set
- Dragon Half

Manga: (oh, boy)

- A Strange and Mystifying Story 1
- Black Winged Love
- Finder 5
- Tyrant Falls in Love 6
- Storm Flower
- Love Skit
- Fumi Yoshinaga's Truly Kindly
- Mr Flower Bride / Mr Flower Groom
- Private Teacher 1 - 2
- Flower of Life 4
- Cool/Uncool
- Entangled Circumstances

That was the sound of my wallet crying and my soul rejoicing

And my shelves wincing.
moonie92

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm in love with my local used book store. Well technically there is two of them but ones much closer to the other so I usually go to the closer one. I brought in a small haul, even if it is full of holes.

Absolute Boyfriend 3-4
Mink 1-2 4-5

Amazon here I come... next paycheck...

If Madoka doesn't eat it instead...
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote
Got the first of my Gokudo singles in the mail yesterday. It's volume 4. And according to Amazon, the shipment with volume 1 isn't scheduled to arrive until next Thursday Sad .
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
toaster_4hire: You managed to score Flower of Life vol. 4? Sweet! I'm curious, how much did you have to pay for that? I know how rare and expensive that can be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 890 of 1403