• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Victor is the best.

Poor Corona. All that training is nothing before main character power. At least she won't make things easy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:19 am Reply with quote
The fight didn't surprise me in regards with the outcome but the performance was pretty fun to watch. Clones, attacks, and power. Of course, we knew who the underdog was against Victoria. Oh well...

Can't wait to see how far Einhart can go in this tournament.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I watched the last two episodes raw and at the end they confirm there'll be more, though no date is given. I'm gonna guess October, because it seems all shows come back in October.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Are you sure?
With the budget almost non-existent, and an unmotivated staff like ViVid's staff was, I could bet on my neck that we aren't going to see anything anytime soon.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. During the end card the girls talk about it. Corona specifically says "interval" in english, as in an intermission between matches.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
Well, I hope this gets another season because this one just fizzles out. spoiler[Einhart VS Korona was much better than I expected it to be though. If the weakest of the group can do that well, I'm really interested to see how the rest do.]

Last edited by Kruszer on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

And again going for the underdog, although we all knew that Einheart would win, Corona was surprisingly cool to watch.

Episode 12 (there will be an interval for now)

Kind of felt like a sports anime with all the talk about winning over opponents and going on. Some interesting opponents and such to come. Would like to see more that that witch also.

This has so far been a bit of a fizzle out series, I wonder if there is something that could spice it up.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:13 am Reply with quote
Well, the second season should have spoiler[the flashback to Ancient Belka], which is the strongest couple of chapters in the series.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:06 am Reply with quote
Really curious to see when they will announce the split cour. There's no way they can end the entire series just like this. Anyways, that Fabia girl impressed me a bit in this season already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
it was a decent show, I liked the second half far more than the first, and if the matches keep being interesting and fun, I will certainly watch the next season
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I finished watching this today. Very entertaining show, the fight of Korona and Einheart was very good. Though it felt forced to have Einheart almost lose twice (HP below 1%) then Korona finally loses. If Korona won it would have been super fun and unexpected which would have been perhaps better overall.

Reminded me a little bit of Girls und Panzer in that both now are sports anime meets cute girls with lots of explosions.

Vaisaga wrote:
StrikerS is worth watching.

I would think that's perhaps the weakest anime entry of the franchise. But I think all titles are worth watching, though the two movies are good substitutes for the first two series. I even rated the Nanoha A's movies excellent, truly great movie.

The whole Nanoha franchise is an excellent model of otaku anime as it contains an enormous amount of tropes that please otaku all compressed together while being consistently entertaining and well executed. Even has HP measures this time. Very Happy I also like the costumes here more than in other magical girl shows, it looks a bit more like a mix of frilly magical girl costume with mage robes from an rpg.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8