• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreimo and togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ Simulcast Details

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeralKat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Subscribed to Togainu! Very Happy Five bucks is really reasonable! I like this payment model better than Crunchyroll's. (Plus, it doesn't expire till the license does, woohoo!)

Thanks ANN!
NeoMaster1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Picked up OreImo myself. Five bucks for HD really isn't bad at all, especially considering the fact that we get it only a week after it airs in Japan. Cheers, ANN, you turned a long time reader into a paying customer! Keep it up! Very Happy
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
ooh, interesting format for the pay structure. Tempting to buy even though I watch stuff in 480p anyways.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Figure I'll put my money where my mouth is and pick up OreImo, as well. I'm curious as to how a pay per series will work out, but I still wish there were an all-you-can-eat (well, "view") premium option for ANN's back catalog.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I need to get a credit card. I'm tired of going to the store to buy prepaid cards so I can afford stuff like this. I just might have to buy that OreImo package for the fun of it.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, wow. While I'm not really interested in either of these series (I may give the first episodes a watch if I hear good buzz, so maybe that will change), but I love this format of purchasing way better than any I've seen so far.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I... I didn't buy them both for you, ANN. I decided before these were the two series I was blogging this season. You have nothing to do with it. You better be grateful for my eight bucks, ANN! Mou! >////<
Razzuel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is an awesome payment structure. Not only is it cheap, but it's on a pay-per-show basis. I really, really like this. I have a good feeling that I'm going to pay for Oreimo, but I don't know anything about togainu, so I'm going to wait until I see the first episode of togainu next week before committing to buying both.

Thanks, ANN. This is quite stellar.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
One thing about your payment structure: the main pagefor the premium series doesn't make it clear whether buying a series is merely getting the ability to watch it ad-free and HD, or whether it is getting the ability to watch it at all.

Given that the description of the service on that page implies that in the future there might be some series that will only be available as part of the premium series thing, you may want to indicate exactly what part/form of each series (if any) is available for free.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Figure I'll put my money where my mouth is and pick up OreImo, as well. I'm curious as to how a pay per series will work out, but I still wish there were an all-you-can-eat (well, "view") premium option for ANN's back catalog.
Yeah, for a long time I was under the impression that the ANN subscription was like that, then I saw the:
Quote:
However this does not apply to video at this time.
... sigh, the only ads I really wanted to turn off.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote
I really like the payment structure. I'll hold off and see if I actually like Togainu no chi or not but if I do I definitely will consider paying.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
I... I didn't buy them both for you, ANN. I decided before these were the two series I was blogging this season. You have nothing to do with it. You better be grateful for my eight bucks, ANN! Mou! >////<

I-Is this the creature known as Tsundere?! I must observe!!

Anyway, the prices are oddly... Reasonable.

Reasonable prices... For anime?! Shocked
I feel a disturbance in the Earth's natural balance. Laughing
Olivine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/video/premium wrote:

3. Start watching your episodes! They won't expire until our license expires. (It's noted on the episode listing.)

When does the license expire? Are we talking 2 weeks or 2 years? Sounds good as long as it doesn't ninja vanish right away.

Also, softsub please q.q
kyuden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
Subscribed.
correct me if I'm wrong but both Anime have a 1 week delay from the time it's premiered on Japan's TV to ANN's simulcast right?
guess I'll rely on fansubs first then once it shown here rewatch it twice (one without ads and one with ads)

にししし~
Zhemos88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
details are a little vague. Are we paying 5 bucks for the full series HD 720p with zero adds? Be more specific please if you want my money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5