• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Key The Metal Idol Translation

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I have the Vocal Data Disk (the two-disc set) for Key the Metal Idol. On the CD with the TV series songs on it, the last track is a dialogue between Key and Sakura, all in Japanese.

Does anyone know if there is a translation of this available anywhere? I know just enough Japanese to have a vague idea of what they're talking about, but not enough to do a proper transaltion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Depression

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:29 am Reply with quote
Have you tried http://www.animelyrics.com/ yet because that is the only place that I can think of that would a have a translation for you.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that site, but unfortunately the conversational track I'm looking to get translated (called Ver 7.1.02 on the case) is the one track that site doesn't have. Sad

And are these conversational tracks typical? I have one other anime soundtrack which also has one of these bits .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And are these conversational tracks typical? I have one other anime soundtrack which also has one of these bits .

They're called "Drama Tracks", and they're uncommon, but you can still find them now and then on CDs.

Hanaukyo Maid Tai had 'em. A bunch of Slayers CDs had 'em. Love Hina had'em..

There are, of course, Drama CDs (CDs filled with nothing but dialog). Radio Dramas are still popular in Japan, so you'll find'em from time to time. Occasionally a drama CD will be made specifically for an anime... but it's not as common as one might suspect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1