• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name this Hamster!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Darkstar asked in the temporary forum if anyone could help name this hamster.

Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Hamtaro?
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Yea, I tried to reply to that thread but my post got bounced to some other place.

It certainly doesn't look like anything from Sanrio. It's gotta be one of those characters from Hamtaro. It might not be Hamtaro himself but maybe one of his friends.
aisasami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Ebichu?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sam.:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote
no definatly not Hamtaro.. Cauz Hamtaro's face is half orange and half light yellow.

Its Bijou. The reason i say that is beacse the picture Darkstar posted of that hamster doesn't have any designs on his face. I can't really tell. Never got into that show.

Click Here for reference pictures of all the hamsters

Last edited by Sam.: on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I can name this hamster in 4 seeds *SMACK*

We shall name him George! *SMACK* Oh, sorry. Not that type of request.

Do we have anything like a link to the site of the picture in question?
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
It could be Oxnard from Hamtaro, because he always carries around the seeds with him. Here are pictures of the Hamsters from Hamtaro.

http://www.hamtaro.com/hamtaro.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sam.:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
We shall name him George! Oh, sorry. Not that type of request.Do we have anything like a link to the site of the picture in question?

haha ha lol ^__^ Yeah it could be any ol hamster off the streets.. why does it have to be from the show. I bet it just a hamster teddy-bear and its not related to the show. Funny how everyone here thought it has to be an hamster from "Hamtaro". Lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sam.:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
It could be Oxnard from Hamtaro, because he always carries around the seeds with him. Here are pictures of the Hamsters from Hamtaro. http://www.hamtaro.com/hamtaro.html

dude ur totaly wrong.. Oxnard has those gray spots on his face. The only choices is Cappy .. if they took out his green hat.
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Sam.: wrote:

haha ha lol ^__^ Yeah it could be any ol hamster off the streets.. why does it have to be from the show. I bet it just a hamster teddy-bear and its not related to the show. Funny how everyone here thought it has to be an hamster from "Hamtaro". Lol

The design is definitely from the Hamtaro show. The eyes, the mouth, the body shape. Unless someone ripped off the character designs big-time, I say it's one of the hamsters from Hamtaro.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Sam.: wrote:

Its Bijou. The reason i say that is beacse the picture Darkstar posted of that hamster doesn't have any designs on his face. I can't really tell. Never got into that show.

Looks more like Penelope to me. She wears a cover over herself pretty much the entire time....so she's one color. Bijou is white, this is yellow. (Or at least looks yellow in the picture.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the help trying to ID the thing, but I just really need to know if anyone has seen one for sale someplace - this belongs to my oldest son & his little brother loves it too. They do share but I thought it would be nice to find another one or something similar - it's got a chimeball in it like those baby rattles that chime when you shake them. Actually if anyone knows of a cute anime toy that makes the same sound, I'd really appreciate it.

If I could read the tag, it would be a lot easier but of course it's not in english & is in too light of an ink to get a decent photo.

Thanks to everyone!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sam.:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:54 am Reply with quote
well then if it has Japanese text on it, then its proabably i Japanese import sir. I doubt you'll ever get in here in the States, unless they import more of it in. Also the buzz for Hamtaro has died down a lot now, compared to 2 years ago.

I hope you find it tho. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the one you have from? If anything take it to an anime toy shop and ask them if they can special order those in for you, i'm sure they will be able to help.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quote
darkstar: I remember the kodama toys from Princess Mononoke making the chime.
llhtom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:06 am Reply with quote
Ebichu? Certainly does look like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2