• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game Round 2~!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sogekihei-neko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
So what does the proctor do? Do you just break up the arguments? Is your word law? Can you execute all who defy you?

No, more like, you have to intercede in people's arguments over whether X quote is allowable or not, and you also have to tally up all the scores. Who'd want that thankless job, ha hah.

I dunno...there WAS that explosion at the Geek Squad building a little while back. Don't underestimate JO.

Shocked
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the wait. Next up is from the subs:

A: What's this for?
B: Punishment for being late. The clock tower in your home. Go repair that yourself.
BES Null Core

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Kana (A), getting punished by her master (B) that she's apprenticing under for arriving late with Rakka. "This" refers to a tool box. Charcoal Feathers ep 4.]
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
That's it. Didn't think it would be in play too long. You're up.
BES Null Core

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote
"It's true. You two are alike. There's part of you that's really bitter, but people don't notice it because of the superficial sweetness."
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Yeah, if you guys would still like to play this game, someone else should take up the proctor responsibilities. I'm a bit too busy to host and I'm REALLY bad about actually checking this thread...ever. Embarassed

So, yeah! Anyone want it? Anime smile + sweatdrop

I don't mind, since I have plenty of free time. Though I'm sure everyone would want you to stay as the game's supervisor, and that includes me. But if you really can't keep it up, this is what I can offer:
Updated score list by the end of the month.
I could try and record all the quotes used, but I can't guarantee that I'll be organizing them.
I won't interfere with the game unless it's really required. Besides there are plenty of Mods wandering about (Abunai & Key), so I doubt I'll have to step in many times.
Power abuse isn't my thing(I don't really consider this power, actually).
Rules won't be modified, I'll be carrying it over to the next thread. I won't propose any new rule, that's up to the players.

Well, that's 1 candidate.
BES Null Core

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
spoiler[After explaining its origin in this dialog, the characters do not mention the title of this TV series again.]
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote
Regardless of who takes over for JesuOtaku as administrator of this game, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank her for her efforts, and to say how pleased I am with the way the thread has gone. It's no secret that I initially thought that the concept was unworkable (and, indeed, some of the problems I predicted did occur), but JO's stalwart efforts have managed to turn it into a very successful thread, and a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Contrary to public opinion, I like to be proven wrong -- when it's this way.

Thank you, JesuOtaku.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BES Null Core

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[After explaining its origin in this dialog, the characters do not mention the title of this TV series again.]

Hint #2: spoiler[After getting her toast, the speaker should have gone for jam.]
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

I don't mind, since I have plenty of free time. Though I'm sure everyone would want you to stay as the game's supervisor, and that includes me. But if you really can't keep it up, this is what I can offer:

I trust you, egoist, and I trust your free time. Very Happy

But yeah, you can take over the game for the next thread, which you can start anytime. Originally, I think I said 100 pages, but yeah, I lost control of monitoring this one around the 40s, so... Anime dazed Take your time. Handle things however you'd like.

Yes. If you'd like to take on this great beast, such as it is, I am more than happy to pass the torch. Have fun! I may still pop in from time to time, but BOY am I in no position to run it, heh.

abunai wrote:
Thank you, JesuOtaku.

Aw, thanks. I'm glad people have been enjoying the game and I was happy to offer something to the forums I frequent so much. Anime smile

...the simple fact is that I just wasn't any good at the picture game and wanted something else to play. Laughing
BES Null Core

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[Another long TV series that started not long after this TV series ended is sometimes described as this TV series on crack, most likely because the male and female leads of that series look somewhat like younger versions of the leads of this series, and the female lead of that series talks very fast.]
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
abunai wrote:
Thank you, JesuOtaku.

Aw, thanks. I'm glad people have been enjoying the game and I was happy to offer something to the forums I frequent so much. Anime smile

...the simple fact is that I just wasn't any good at the picture game and wanted something else to play. Laughing

And repeating what abunai said, thank you JesuOtaku. I haven't been around for long enough, but I surely had my share of fun while playing the Quote Guessing game.

The new thread has been created, but that doesn't mean this one has to be locked, since I'm sure there are many people who would like to thank JesuOtaku.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Result:

murph76 .............. 37
BES Null Core ....... 32
Furudanuki ........... 21
the Rancorous ...... 20
Key ....................... 14
JesuOtaku ............ 13
dtm42 ................... 12
The King of Harts . 11
classicalzawa ....... 10
Dorcas_Aurelia .... 10
egoist .................... 8
Generic #757858 . 6
Kimiko_0 .............. 5
larinon .................. 5
Mushi-Man ............ 5
abunai ................... 4
NGE1113 .............. 4
DerekTheRed ........ 3
hakojo ................... 3

The following players scored 2 points: 12skippy21 Brazzlefrazz guet Labbes sailorsarah08 Showsni Skylark Symmetrical_Magician

The following players score 1 point: arachneia bonbonsrus braves frentymon Hentai_JP hypersoda katastic05 Mad_Scientist ManOfRust marie-antoinette mow123 Olliff Sakura-Alchemist Sentire Shattered Ishida sogekihei-neko Suraman whitetiger956

A little messed up because my list was in alphabetical order, so I decided that rewriting would be better.

If you think your score is wrong, feel free to PM me; in case you have less than 10 points, I'll be asking for each quote's link.
You can find a link to this post in the first page of round 3.
Skylark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I got 1 point for guessing the Magnitude 8.0 quote a little while back Anime cry

Not that I really care haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Skylark wrote:
I got 1 point for guessing the Magnitude 8.0 quote a little while back Anime cry

That point should have been mine. You're just a big meanie, you know that? I mean, how can I call myself ANN's biggest Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 fan when I let a quote from the series go to someone else?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 100 of 101