• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Anime Collections

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isamu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Im bored and when Im bored I ask pointless questions so here it is,how many anime VHS's and DVD's do you own?
Me you ask

VHS=37
DVD=24
PuertoRicanMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Not only am I bored, but I want to see how many DVDs I have compared to others. I've been been into anime for less than a year, so I want to get an idea of my collection compares.

25 DVDs (26 in a few hours)
Also I have the 8 disc sets of Eva and Gasaraki.
and thats just the anime stuff, I have Season 1 & 2 of the Simpsons.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Isamu wrote:

Im bored and when Im bored I ask pointless questions so here it is,how many anime VHS's and DVD's do you own?
Me you ask

VHS=37
DVD=24

question #1 in this thread kinda answers that question for some people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cgoten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I now have over 80 DVDs. Very Happy I have at least 50 VHS but I'm not sure. Here's a picture of my DVDs and manga. Not pictured: Ranma season 3 DVD box set, Japanese manga.

http://www.yanime.com/DVDs.JPG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:46 pm Reply with quote
the other day i was bored and counted how many dvd's we have. let's get my red marble book! alrighty, i added two new dvd's we just got...so a rough estimate, not counting the dvd's in box set's is *drumroll* sixteen plus 52 plus 47 is....115!

yaay! You know what i'm going to do? i'm going to go to my website, and type out every single dvd i have! fun! can you tell i have no life? Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cgoten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:

can you tell i have no life? Crying or Very sad

Yeah, but lives suck. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Ummm, a lot. Razz If I go by just each DVD (I have a lot of box sets.), the last count was 72, but that was before I got back to the States. It has grown larger. Yes, it out number live action DVD (around 50.)

Oh yes, and my manga collection. It's around 53 (I have a ton of Animerican Extra and Mixx Zines. Too many to count.) Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:57 pm Reply with quote
A nearly-complete list of the videos in my collection can be found here:
http://www.animenfo.com/myanimedb.php?userid=891

I have a few miscellaneous items that aren't on the list because the site's database didn't have a relevant listing for them (Twin Signal, and my Sailor Moon fansubs for example) but otherwise it's pretty accurate.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I have 77. It would be a lot larger, but paying for school really sucks and really saps money away from anime, especially since I just graduated and have now decided to go back to school for another degree. But when that's done, I'll hopefully be able to get a more stable job than my current degree has gotten me and allow my collection to grow very fast.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

question #1 in this thread kinda answers that question for some people.

True, but we've got new people,. and people might have done some shopping since then... I have, and so have you I believe.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:17 pm Reply with quote
No where near Cookie's collection or Chris Beveridge's collection, but fairly decent:

My Anime:

The leftmost rack is my non-anime music CD Collection.
There are a couple DVD missing, and it doesn't include the sizeable number of screaners that I have for review purposes.
Also not shown is my box of VHS tapes... maybe I should just toss those.

My Manga:

These are in English and in French. (and 3 in Japanese and 1 in Chinese)
The Picture up top is an Original Cel from BGC 2040, my one and only Cel.
Not Shown is the magazine pile on the bottom shelves of this book case.
Hotaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:20 pm Reply with quote
daaaaaamn tempest! i spotted some nadia dvd's in there. wow, the island episodes were horrible, and it was agony to watch them. i fell asleep during the movie, but i heard it wasn't that great. akira graphic novels! yay! i still haven't read number six yet Anime smile() i'll take a pic of all our anime and manga. graphic novels actually. our closet is currently full of "little manga". there aren't any clothes in there o.O
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:03 pm Reply with quote
That a nice Priss cell you got there. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Mines tiny, only about 10 DVD's and 8 VHS's. But that doesn't count the number of fansubs I've destroyed in the past few years, nor does it account for the fact that I'm a preferred customer of Retropolis of Lakewood, possibly the biggest anime rental shop in all of Ohio. Any time I want to get something to watch, I pay the two bucks to rent it from them. The stuff I buy is the stuff I really love. And I'm working on collecting, too.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:54 am Reply with quote
I have about 6 DVDs right now, but since I'm broke I usually have to sell the crap that I don't like or don't watch anymore to buy more stuff... that I will not like or watch after 3 times.

It's a vicious cycle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3