• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
help with playing anime files

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spikespiegel98

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote
i don't know where else to post this and this problem is really getting irritating
ok when i try to play an anime file i have on windows media player, the video/audio is good quality but they don't sync right!
when i use divx, they sync but video is really laggy! when i use video lan, i don't get a picture even though i have the codecs! the only way i can get a picture is by clicking close, and that gives me a picture for about 1 sec before it goes away..., please help!!!
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Considering this statement, you might not find what you're looking for here.
Teh Rules wrote:
10) Users may not request or link to bootlegs, fansubs, scanilations, active fan-translating groups, peer-to-peer networks, timed scripts, MP3s, unauthorized movie clips, or websites that house these groups or products.

Your post doesn't seem to violate the rule, but ANN still isn't the place for that kind of thing.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote
It could be that your fansubs are just crappily encoded. I've only had that happen about 2 or 3 times on some Inu-Yasha episodes, but I didn't have divX at the time.

Usually though, my solution is to just watch fansubs in the actual divX Player. It seems to play .avi files very well. Sorry, that's all I can think of. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
It could also be your computer. Older computers with slower CPUs and slower video cards just don't run well enough to play modern video files. It could be as simple as buying a new video card. You can get a discontinued 64 for under $30 now.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
ANN isn't the place for this kind of question, as it has nothing to do with anime, anime news, or anime news network.

It's a computer technical problem; maybe you can find another website that offers tech support there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1