• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragonball GT

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aoi777

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:51 am Reply with quote
I have a question for who ever knows the answer to this. With the dragonball GT DVDs that funimation did why are they starting on episode 17, instead of the begining? I mean isn't the first episode rather important since it tells how Goku became a kid again, and why they went all around the universe looking for the black star dragonballs. So the GT version funimation did is from episode 17-64, am I right?

Thanks
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:08 am Reply with quote
Sigh. For some reason I get the feeling this same question has been covered at least four separate times on these forums in the past month or so. But since I'm too lazy to track one of them down and link it (and I'm getting rather weary of people pulling that stunt too much)...

FUNimation decided to jump right into the action because the average DBZ fan is a violence-junkie with the attention span of an infant chimp. So, they merged the first seventeen-ish episodes together into one big compilation for the initial run. However, they have openly stated time and again that they will be releasing the first few episodes after they complete the series.

You're not missing out on anything. Heck, really you're getting a bonus episode exclusive to Region 1 (it's a compilation/recap episode, sure, but...).

Last edited by Nagisa on Sat May 29, 2004 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
aoi777

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:19 am Reply with quote
Yea I know this topic has probably been covered a few times, but I didn't think of doing a search for it. With all the topics that have been covered in this form, how many do you think are duplicates or related in some way. There are so many topics you can have, until it just become redundant.

i.e.
what gundam charater are you?
Do you know this series?
If you where to pick an anime character as yous sister who would it be?

No offence but these threads are so meaningless, and uninformative.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1