• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I cant choose. Cowboy Bebop or Wolfs Rain?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:44 am Reply with quote
Ok, I have enough money to probably purchase either of these series. I love them both. I cant choose between them at all. I know Wolf's Rain is not out on dvd yet but I would be willing to wait to pick up the whole series. Can someone help guide me in the right direction? Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TF

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote
It may be a long time before WR is out so it's better to buy CB now and start saving for when WR comes out
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Oi... hard one. Both are awesomely great series who had pretty much the same people who created/worked on both. I say your best bet is to go with Cowboy Bebop. Most people end up liking it, while Wolf's Rain is kind of a risky buy if you've never seen it before. It's slow paced, and rather deep in its story.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Get Samurai Champloo. Of course who knows when it'll be out here in the states, but that show seems to surpass both Bebop and Wolf's Rain in my opinion (because I like Sengoku Jidai anime.)

As I said in another thread, it's like Bebop meets Kenshin. I just hope that when in comes out in English, that the dub is exceptionally well-done.

But..., if you don't want to wait that long, I'd say go for Wolf's Rain. You can always see Bebop on Cartoon Network, and I believe Wolf's Rain comes out in July (I'm getting that LE Vol.1,) but if you really like Bebop that much more, go ahead and get whatever your gut tells you to. Wink
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
You can always see Bebop on Cartoon Network,

True, you can watch it, if you want to see it over the course of 26 days. Bebop deserves a marathon watching! What it basically comes down to, is which one do you think you'll want to watch more than once? Personally, I would pick Bebop. Also, the first dvd of Wolf's Rain is out in June (LE in July), so you'll have to wait a few months to get the whole series, Edit: but you can pick up all of Bebop right now. In the end it's up to you, there's no wrong choice though Very Happy

Last edited by Kazuki-san on Sun May 23, 2004 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Wolf's Rain also airs on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim... though only on Saturdays.

I would tell you to go with the one you like better, Jinchuu, but you've mentined that you can't decide between them. I would also tell you to go with the one that is currently available, which would be Cowboy Bebop, but you've also mentioned that you'd be willing to wait.

So now I'll suggest that you flip a coin.

Kazuki-san wrote:
while you can go pickup the Bebop boxset right now. In the end it's up to you, there's no wrong choice though Very Happy

The box set? Not likely. The Cowboy Bebop - Perfect Sessions Limited Edition Collection (now that's a mouth full) box set is out of print and no longer available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Eric wrote:

The box set? Not likely. The Cowboy Bebop - Perfect Sessions Limited Edition Collection (now that's a mouth full) box set is out of print and no longer available.

I uhh.. I mean uhh.. you could make your own box... right...

In truth you are correct, I had a brain cramp there for a minute, and didn't even see what I typed at the time I was typing it. But thanks to the wonders of editing, this problem has been corrected.
Klaus

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Always this but dosnt come with the nifty box.

http://store.yahoo.com/animenation/bun2353.html
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Klaus wrote:
Always this but dosnt come with the nifty box.

http://store.yahoo.com/animenation/bun2353.html

That's too expensive.

If you're going to get each volume, get them at www.deepdiscountdvd.com. They're only $17.99 each, times 6, and your total is $107.94 with FREE SHIPPING. Just a thought though... Wink.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Since I haven't seen Samurai Champloo yet I have yet to determine whether it is better than cowboy bebop.

If you are looking for something "Newer" try Wolf's Rain. Or
Quote:
So now I'll suggest that you flip a coin.
Go with that. Or save up and buy all at once! Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bun^ny

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I like Wolf's Rain better because it is kinda classical but yeah.. Cowboy Bebob is a great animation too. I don't know.. I like them both! Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, all of you have shown some really great opinions ans solutions for my dilemma. Thanks you to everyone.

I've gone over them and I've decided to purchase Cowboy Bebop. I enjoy them both and I can probably purchase Wolf's Rain when it is all completly brought to the U.S.

Once again thanks to all of you. Arigatou! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Get Samurai Champloo. Of course who knows when it'll be out here in the states, but that show seems to surpass both Bebop and Wolf's Rain in my opinion (because I like Sengoku Jidai anime.)

As I said in another thread, it's like Bebop meets Kenshin. I just hope that when in comes out in English, that the dub is exceptionally well-done.

But..., if you don't want to wait that long, I'd say go for Wolf's Rain. You can always see Bebop on Cartoon Network, and I believe Wolf's Rain comes out in July (I'm getting that LE Vol.1,) but if you really like Bebop that much more, go ahead and get whatever your gut tells you to. Wink

putting all your eggs in one basket huh? i must say so far i absolutely love Samurai Chamloo, but i'm gonna wait a couple episodes to see where it's going
Klaus

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:15 am Reply with quote
I use that site as a referance to see if the dvds or such are out then I search for best price.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:06 am Reply with quote
I'd say it's pretty foolish to claim that Samurai Champloo is 'better than both Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain'. We've seen ONE EPISODE, which was good but not better than the entirety of two other excellent shows.

Sanity, people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3