• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wow am I confused..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xberserkx

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Ok I could've sworn that David Lucas played the role of Spike in Cowboy Bebop, but whats the deal with some people saying including this site that it was Steve Blum?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote
heh, i'm not even gonna get into this one again. just look around for the other threads.
Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote
can this be added to like...the FAQ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's a mistake in the encyclopedia. David Lucas voiced Spike Spiegel in the TV series, Steve Blum voiced Spike in the movie. David Lucas voiced Roger Smith in Big O, Steve Blum voiced Roger Smith in Big O II. When Clark Kent enters a phonebooth, Superman exits. Wink
xberserkx

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhhhh so its the same guy...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote
xberserkx wrote:
Ohhhhhh so its the same guy...

That's correct. I think he goes under different names due to a union or something so that he doesn't get sued. I'm not too sure about that, I only heard that from a friend of mine so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote
A lot of dub voice actors take two names in order to accept both union and non-union jobs. Some, like Mr. Lucas, prefer to keep both names as separate as possible and request that information sites like ANN not put them together as the same individual.

Which is the reason it doesn't appear as such here, as well as the reason it likely won't be added to any FAQ or clarification somesuch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Is this legal? And if so why would he ask people to join in his lawlessness?

Laughing
king_micah

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:02 am Reply with quote
Union rules do not make laws. NEVER confuse contracts and rules with laws. He couldn't go to jail, the government would never care, but his union would use it's commerical influnece to keep him from better jos, because he broke their rules. Usually in cases like this it is the union has rules on pay and such, but not all studio's agree with the unions and are non-union shops. The union will try to keep all of it's members from working there until the company caves and agrees to the union demands. Some VAs will break the line for the money offered, but must be careful the union doesn't find out, lest they get fined.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:22 am Reply with quote
All seems kinda fishy to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1