• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If you could make an Anime series or otherwise

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who would love to create their own animated series or movie, I was wondering what type or genre of series you would most like to create? like action/fantasy/mecha/romance/comedy etc. and what ideas you have?

I have my own ideas for Anime, although I wouldn't like to actively call it 'Anime' it would just be animation that has elements that I have learned from Anime, basically a more adulterated theme to it.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Lesse...I'm working on a hypothetical Naruto prequel and original Gundam concept with a couple friends, I have my own retelling of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World (that gets farther & farther from the source material the more I tweak it), and two original stories...one about a Yakuza's son and the other I can only describe as X, Hellsing, & Cowboy Bebop meeting up at Catholic Mass.

No real animation plans for these things, though. Might write one or two out if I can ever step out of the conceptualisation phase (that last one I mentioned has been scrapped & rethought more times than there are decimal places in pi).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:37 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4348

[Edit: Eh, that thread's pretty old. We'll let it slide this one time. Thanks though! Continue on, folks! -b]
Rendart

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow this thread is from 2 years back...

Anyway, if I had any artistic talent I'd probably make a manga (way too lazy to make an anime all by myself). It would be psych trip in the mind of some sort of demon who has chose to remain isolated from evry one, basicly it would be a flash back of why he chose to do so. Then again this would probably be interesting only in my mind.

-Rendart
thaov99

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quote
how about we make an anime series about canadian geese. about these two canadian geese, a male from massachussets and a female from michigan who meet each other in tennessee on their way south during the migrating season. they fell in love and travelled together. on their way south, they encounter hunters, wild animals, segregation among geese and relationship problems etc. etc. etc.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:15 pm Reply with quote
You're kidding about the geese right??? Confused

Anyway, I can think of several sci-fi elements that could work in an anime setting, but it would be just as well for me to write out some of the stories in my head and see if I can't get published somewhere. Smile

At least, I'd be moving forward with what I want to write about rather than trying to aim for something completely unrealistic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nani?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:20 am Reply with quote
I'm writing a story about a girl who is prevented from commiting suicide on the (real life) Orochi loop, a highway interchange in modern Izumo by a boy who is may be a renagade god; a renagade god who slays demons.........demons....... I mean bueracrats, who resurrected this demon from long ago, in the form of a highway.
It's fiction, not manga. What do you think?

All the best,

Nani?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Concepts are one thing.... fleshing it out to a complete story is another. If you can make it a full story, I'd say to go for it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Ogami Itto wrote:
I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who would love to create their own animated series or movie, I was wondering what type or genre of series you would most like to create? like action/fantasy/mecha/romance/comedy etc. and what ideas you have?

I have my own ideas for Anime, although I wouldn't like to actively call it 'Anime' it would just be animation that has elements that I have learned from Anime, basically a more adulterated theme to it.

I draw manga and I've already created 3. My full life dream is to get them into suncoast or other, as a manga. Then, in hopes, of them, or at least on of them, becoming an anime series on CN or anywhere. Then to complete my dream I want to voice one of my characters when it becomes an anime. I may be aiming high but it's something I've always wanted to do, and no one would ever have to pay me as long as it happens....
My favorite one I've created is called High School Brawl. When 3 private school girls try to make it in a underground martial arts tornament for men in a public high school. With the help of 4 public school guys who are the best in the arena. Love, romance, twists, and a whole lot of martial arts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that would be cool to voice over your own character, although I can't really visualise an Anime character with a broad English accent like mine. It might be cool to make a guest appearance in my series (like Nabeshin in Exel Saga)

How about Cyborg Geese travelling across america coming to terms with their own existence and wether or not they came from an original or were simply genetically engineered super-foul born with an appetite for destruction. Ghost in the Goose? no? ok then.

Haha no seriously i've got some good ideas but when I think about it, they're not that original in concept, I watched Blade Runner last night and realised i'd subconsciously nicked loads of ideas from it without realising.

My idea is kinda a cross of different elements. Its set in the psychic/martial arts/cyberpunk genre, not necessarily original but with well laid-out characters it could work.

In my mind my idea would work but perhaps i'd be trying to use too many elements together and it'd end up becoming too complicated.
retty

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to turn Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game into an anime instead of some cheesey hollywood version that is probably going to star some kid way too old for the roll...but you can't have everything Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1