• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anyone know what anime this is from

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quote

dose anyone know what this is from iv looked through most of the reviews cant figure out what it is from

i cant figure out what it is from someone please tell me
also if you do know what it is. is it any good
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:05 am Reply with quote
It's an Ebay auction picture right? It looks like a bootleg.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:24 am Reply with quote
It is a bootleg. note the "Manga international whatever" green logo in the bottom left hand corner.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:27 am Reply with quote
Even if it's a bootlege, it doesn't mean it's not an actual anime. I have no idea what it is though, I'm not big on the space/robot genre. The guy's suit reminds me of is Stellvia, and I know that can't be right.
Bara_Megami

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:00 pm Reply with quote
It may be Korean or Chinese animation, because the writing above the logo really looks Korean. But the white writing on the left is Japanese...oh, and I don't regonize what anime it is ^^;;
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:19 pm Reply with quote
it is on ebay and it is a bootleg it came up wile i was looking for something to buy i was not looking for bootlegs to buy the guy selling it dose not know what it is and and its just bugging the h ll out of me know knowing what it is. i looked for a wile. the only info about it that will help find what it is is this picture. if someone who reads this post can read Korean or Chinese or japanese or what ever it is please say what it is please
Fandrez

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what this anime if, but I can tell you that it isn't Korean. I don't know how to read Korean, but I've come to know that Korean has circles in their symbols.
The Spatula

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:23 pm Reply with quote
The Spatula wrote:

That's correct. Manga International is a Hongkong based company that releases anime on DVD. Their quality is usually quite good but has few extras packaged with the DVD. I've got a few of their releases and have been generally pleased with their quality. Much better than some of those DVDs released by Taiwanese companies. Well, for one, the subtitling is better with fewer mistakes and so on. But I do hate it that occassionally, the "Manga International" logo appears on the top right corner of the screen while the show is playing.

This is the version of this series that is for sale in Singapore.
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:35 am Reply with quote
Ken Hayashi wrote:
All the stuff Ken Hayashi said.

It's still an illegal bootleg.
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:30 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Ken Hayashi wrote:

And why would that be? It seems they have obtained the license to release anime over in the asia/south-east asia region.

Likewise, Odex Marketing in Singapore has obtained the license to release certain titles locally and for the past year or so, their lawyers have been sending out legal letters to video stores to stop selling the bootlegs.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quote
Kananase Yu is just an ordinary high-school student. Since he has mysterious inside knowledge about piloting a mecha, he is recruited by the International Military Organization as a potential test pilot for a new mobile armor.

A teenager recruited as mobile pilot, I have never come across that idea in an anime before.
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:49 am Reply with quote
Ken Hayashi wrote:
one3rd wrote:
Ken Hayashi wrote:

And why would that be? It seems they have obtained the license to release anime over in the asia/south-east asia region.

Likewise, Odex Marketing in Singapore has obtained the license to release certain titles locally and for the past year or so, their lawyers have been sending out legal letters to video stores to stop selling the bootlegs.

Manga International is a known bootlegging company. They do not have licenses for their products.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Ken Hayashi wrote:

It's illegal because the Japanese companies (i.e. the ones who created the anime) say that Manga International did not license any anime titles from them. Ditto for all of the other bootleg companies.

It's not just arbitrarily pointing at HK and saying ALL DVDs are bootlegs -- MI, AC, FX, etc are all specific companies, cited by the Japanese producers as not holding any licenses for their titles.

Quote:

Yeah. That's because Odex IS legitimate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quote
My G*D!!! And I've got quite a number of titles from them too! Shocked Shocked

Damn!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2