• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Café Terrace and Its Goddesses Season 2 Anime Series Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:50 am Reply with quote
This was one of those anime’s I enjoyed watching every week and the OP and ED were bangers!
LastPage 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:34 pm Reply with quote
To me, the most amazing thing about this series is the fact it's written by Seo. Coming from a guy well known for writing series with controversial drama, seeing something this lowkey from him is akin to a minor miracle.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:11 pm Reply with quote
This was one of the most blatant, horniest, and wackiest Harem Romcoms I've seen in a while and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I hope we get a third season.
milkyy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Only seen the first ep of season 1 but I can't wait to pick this up again.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:34 pm Reply with quote
LastPage 3 wrote:
To me, the most amazing thing about this series is the fact it's written by Seo. Coming from a guy well known for writing series with controversial drama, seeing something this lowkey from him is akin to a minor miracle.
I loved how completely comfortable the show was with parodying Seo himself (e.g. the "traffic accident"). I don't know if that was his writing, but he would have at least approved it, which suggests he's probably a plenty aware of how silly some of the soap-opera drama he's written can be.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I confess, I followed the manga from chapter 1 right up to the point where the scans stopped on account of K Manga. It is exceedingly and enthusiastically trashy, but it doesn't feel obligatorily so -- Seo's quite comfortable looking at an entry on the list of cliches and thinking "Nah, don't feel like doing that one."

I also kinda respect how open Seo was from the start about how he really didn't know where he was going with his setup. He sure knew how he'd be getting there, though -- through pure ecchi harem bullshit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1