• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Anime Gets 20th Anniversary Video With New Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Too short, but the animation is gorgeous. I’m such sucker for these anniversary re-animated type videos.

That said, I still think a remake just isn’t feasible right now.
Hapoga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:19 pm Reply with quote
There is no way remake isn't already under consideration.
Same for Naruto.
YackDe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Lost Agent got about as much as expected, which was a couple seconds of the Ginjo fight and none of Ichigo's designs in the final montage where they skipped right from Saigo no Getsuga Tensho to the TYBW look.
ZetMoon80

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Hapoga wrote:
Same for Naruto.

As much as I love Bleach, I don't know if Pierrot will risk to make a whole remake of the series with this new animation style. At most maybe the same as Naruto, make a few episodes and that's about it (I really hope I'm wrong).
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Hapoga wrote:
Same for Naruto.

mans completely delusional.
they couldn't even do those 4 remake naruto episodes they promised, they practically scrapped them due to doing a poor job (their words).
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Mushrinku wrote:
Hapoga wrote:
Same for Naruto.

mans completely delusional.
they couldn't even do those 4 remake naruto episodes they promised, they practically scrapped them due to doing a poor job (their words).

Is that true? I don't even remember the last time we got an update.
Hapoga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:58 pm Reply with quote
ZetMoon80 wrote:

As much as I love Bleach, I don't know if Pierrot will risk to make a whole remake of the series with this new animation style. At most maybe the same as Naruto, make a few episodes and that's about it (I really hope I'm wrong).
I mean, who knows what will happen in the future, but both this video, and ROAD OF NARUTO are very well received, and both have many, many people asking for a remake in comments, or on X, on on social media in general.

It may never happen, but as someone who was Bleach fan for a very long time, it's hard to see this reanimated classic scenes, and not wish for a whole pre TYBW story.

It's not even about replacing original anime, but simply wishing for another one which could be a great shounen in its own right.

As for Naruto, those 4 episodes that were supposed to be during Part 1 were postponed indefinitely (hopefully not cancelled) because of quality concerns, but we still don't know what is in store for Naruto / Boruto anime in general.

I hope they will do it in this decade because now is really the era of 2000s anime revivals.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:30 pm Reply with quote
A Bleach reboot would be a little awkward since there's a good chance that it would end at the same place the original anime ended since TYBW seems to be a perfectly fine adaption. Kinda weird to make a reboot when there's not really a grand finale to look forward to.

I do get it though - this trailer looked really nice.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I wish it was as long as the Naruto anniversary video but I can't deny that Studio Pierrot does great anniversary videos. [/list]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1