• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Detective Conan: The Million-dollar Pentagram Anime Film Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There is a reason why he is here, and there are even some reveals that tie the lore of his series to the lore of Detective Conan, as they both exist in the same universe.
Technically this isn't fully accurate. Gōshō Aoyama has explicitly stated in interviews that Magic Kaito & Detective Conan take place in parallel universes, with the most noticeable difference being that the Magic Kaito character Akako Koizumi (a teenage witch) and everything related to her is non-canon to Conan's world, as real magic doesn't exist in it.
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This is a plot point that carries over from the original series, and to the best of my knowledge, that plot point still has not been resolved to this day, so you can already sort of piece together where that plot point goes.

Manga spoilers spoiler[The most recently officially translated chapter actually finally gave them their moment! So that plot point has finally been resolved! Interestingly enough it was at the end of a case/storyline that follows-up on the aftermath of the case/storyline that the anime just finished adapting. Talk about Great Timing!.]
RupanSansei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:01 pm Reply with quote
i would iove for Magic Kaito to get published in English at least through a bilingual version
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:58 pm Reply with quote
well with the abandonment of the physical releases of the movies it would be nice to get somewhat close to the japanese releases rather then being years behind.....

I mean how hard would it be to release it digitally with english subs when you already subbed the movie..... sucks on bottle of copium .....

Kaito kid has always brought with him a higher suspension of disbelief so that is nothing new for the conan fans, honestly its fun seeing how far he will push it without going full on magic kaito from the manga and it's anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1