• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Senpai is an Otokonoko Anime Gets Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This should be enough to tell the rest of the main story.

Will they possibly do a second movie for the prequel-sequel too that is the 10th volume?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Considering they wrapped up everything but Saki's stuff with her family and Makoto obviously having feelings for her, I'm glad we're getting a movie to address it.

I wonder if the significance of Makoto and Ryuji being reflected in her eyes is that she'll need them to get through her next heartbreak...or the love triangle is centered around her this time?
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:28 am Reply with quote
People outside of Japan will most likely be able to see this during the fall 2025 or winter 2026 season. What a long wait.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:36 am Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:
People outside of Japan will most likely be able to see this during the fall 2025 or winter 2026 season. What a long wait.
How about a theatrical release outside of Japan? I think that goes without saying it's probably very unlikely, mostly because it's a continuation story.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:18 am Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
SinisterOracle wrote:
How about a theatrical release outside of Japan? I think that goes without saying it's probably very unlikely, mostly because it's a continuation story.

That hasn’t stopped other anime movies that are continuations of anime TV shows from having theatrical releases outside of Japan. Demon Slayer Mugen Train, Quintessential Quintuplets, and Kaguya-sama Love is War movies all got US theatrical releases while being continuations of their TV stories.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:18 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
That hasn’t stopped other anime movies that are continuations of anime TV shows from having theatrical releases outside of Japan. Demon Slayer Mugen Train, Quintessential Quintuplets, and Kaguya-sama Love is War movies all got US theatrical releases while being continuations of their TV stories.
Sorry I more or less already knew that, but I just wanted someone else to come up with a good list of examples how popular even continuation films are in the foreign box office. But I still get the feeling there's a big difference in the wider appeal of those titles you mentioned and Senpai is an Otokonoko. I could be wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1